Why do people hide their profile?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrspants Posts: 4652
When logged on? I don't get it.
dibbles Posts: 749
How ya mean?? I have never copped that?
On the first page of discussion, who is logged on, usually few hidden.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Didn't even know you could do that! Don't be shy people we don't bite >:o)
SilverGirl Posts: 1517
I didnt realise we could do that either.
Cupid Stunt Posts: 36
Personal choice I suppose. I know I wouldn't want to be seen lurking.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
[quote="Cupid Stunt":3j3idlkb]Personal choice I suppose. I know I wouldn't want to be seen lurking.[/quote:3j3idlkb] Loving the name cupid welcome to wol :wv
milis Posts: 7998
There are a number of reasons. So that people don't know what forum they are in (maybe people ttc and don't want everyone to know they are lurking in there!!!). So that if someone they work with logs in they don't see that they are also logged in (if people know your username of course). And maybe just because it's nobody elses business whether you are logged in or not :o0
Cupid Stunt Posts: 36
[quote="jem!":dwbdwl08][quote="Cupid Stunt":dwbdwl08]Personal choice I suppose. I know I wouldn't want to be seen lurking.[/quote:dwbdwl08] Loving the name cupid welcome to wol :wv [/quote:dwbdwl08] Why Thank you :thnk
[quote="Milis":6rbqcpmc]There are a number of reasons. So that people don't know what forum they are in (maybe people ttc and don't want everyone to know they are lurking in there!!!). So that if someone they work with logs in they don't see that they are also logged in (if people know your username of course). And maybe just because it's nobody elses business whether you are logged in or not :o0[/quote:6rbqcpmc] Ya the ttc makes sense, but i would never give my username to anyone.