Why do they bother.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
......are they trying to prove something? My colleauge has just arrived into work - sniffing like a mad thing!! They weren't feeling the best yesterday, sounded like the beginings of a cold. If I was feeling unwell in work this person would harp on all day about "if you're not well, don't come in tomorrow but make sure you ring me to tell me" So why come in today when you sound so much worse than yesterday - are you looking for brownie points, you butt kisser?? One rule for them and one for me. It was like when we went out for our Christmas party, this indivual never bothered thier barney to ring in to say they weren't coming in the next day. They were hungover, had lost thier voice (peace at last) but still couldn't bother thier backside to even text in or even get thier OH to do it! Whats worse is the the boss, who is related to them, didn't want to ring them "in case it looked like they were checking up on them!" Dear God, I'd be seriously screwed if I pulled that stunt!! This person is sitting not even 6ft away from me and I can already feel myself getting a bit bunged up - nowhere near as bad as them, but look what they've started and they're only in 30mins!!! >:o( [b:3bbpjah7]STAY AT HOME [/b:3bbpjah7](but ring in to tell me) [b:3bbpjah7]IF YOU HAVE A COLD!!![/b:3bbpjah7] If I did that, I'd never hear the end of "spreading germs" and "should've stayed at home"
manxmrs Posts: 850
I had the start of a dose yesterday in work, and its done the rounds already! I'm at home today, as didn't feel well at all to go in and don't want to give it back to them! Can't be doing with people suffering at work if they don't have to, recover better at home.
Now I'm starting to feel a bit sniffley and can really feel the cold for some reason today, I hope to God I'm not getting the start of something! I'll hit the chemist at lunch and get some Lemsip to knock it on the head, I find this seems to work. This person isn't helping thier cold by constantly going outside in the freezing cold for a smoke!! I'll kill them if they come in tomorrow! >:o(
Oh thank God - and finally too!! Got a call from the colleague last night to say they won't be in today as they were still feeling so bad. They even hinted that if they didn't feel somewhat better today, they wouldn't be in on Friday either! If you're sick, you're sick, don't inflict your germs on other people.
blondiechick Posts: 1641
This really, really annoyed me too...esp. when I got pregnant....other work colleagues would come in to work dying to a cold or flu and not care who they passed it on to... One of my work colleagues even came in to work last September with CONFIRMED swine flu....I kid you not....he then worked for 2 days while coughing over everyone, sneezing and vomiting and only then proceeded to take time off....the cheek...and he knew at the time I was pregnant. I have never been so angry/terrified in my whole life. Wrote to our HR dept., health and safety person about it and told my boss and nobody did a thing about it....I was so lucky I didn't catch it...
[quote="Blondie_Chick":3k06im80] One of my work colleagues even came in to work last September with CONFIRMED swine flu....I kid you not....he then worked for 2 days while coughing over everyone, sneezing and vomiting and only then proceeded to take time off....the cheek...and he knew at the time I was pregnant. I have never been so angry/terrified in my whole life. Wrote to our HR dept., health and safety person about it and told my boss and nobody did a thing about it....I was so lucky I didn't catch it...[/quote:3k06im80] Aren't we so lucky in the way our companies look after us.......[b:3k06im80]NOT![/b:3k06im80]!! You were pregnant for God sake, that could've been so serious for you!!
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
LADIES, this really annoys me too, i mean, a girl who sits besides me, goes on about how she wud come to work if she was dying with the flu, and if her leg was hanging off, why do people have to play the martyr, when if u are sick u shud be at home, not spreading your germs, she came in one week and was smothered, now i mean totally bunged up etc, and wudnt go home, and even the boss was beside her saying, please go home, u are not fit to be in work, i was off sick then with flu a few weeks back, and she was like, god i wudnt ring in sick with the flu, hang on now and ill get u a medal pet, O:| and always passes comments then like, oh ive only had 2 sick days all year!! arent u lucky i said, that u dont get sick that often!!!! :eek I mean, theres a guy i work with 2 and we dont really get on, and in fairness to him, he stayed at home sick monday and tues, with a headcold and flu like symptoms, coz he said, i didnt want to pass anything on to you with being pregnant, fair play to him it just drives me mental!!! >:o( >:o( >:o(