Why has my period stopped???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
Hi Girls, I'm such a nag on this site but need some advice. We've been trying to conceive for one month now and was due my period on thursday (20th July). Now I did get my period this morning but now they are gone. I have nothing. Totally dried up already and only had them about 4 hours. Whats the craic???
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I know you mentioned that you have come off the pill and I have heard that it takes some girls a while for their periods to get back to normal maybe this is why yours has stopped
Lorr06 Posts: 214
Hi, This often happens to me..yesterday for example got my period (just a lil bit of blood) nuttin more all evening only period pains....then again this morning another lil bit of blood......... Dunno wot it means but it often happens to me. Good luck TTC, ;)
ummmm its weird though isn't it. as miss hopeful said its probably my body trying to get back to normal. god i hope thats the end of my period this month although i'm still a bit crampy
mama sugar Posts: 1387
malibu is there any chance it would be implant bleeding? I know your period was due the 20th but this is your first real period after the pill so your cycle could be longer and this could be the implantation bleed just a thought would you get a pg test just in case was reading up about this here is what i found [quote:3rrfkpje]Getting a 'Period' While Pregnant by Marjorie Greenfield, M.D. reviewed by Marjorie Greenfield, M.D. and Robert Needlman, M.D., F.A.A.P. Many women report getting what seem like regular periods during early pregnancy. How can this be? First of all, it helps to realize that since the hormones of pregnancy totally prevent ovulation, the bleeding is not truly a menstrual period, but rather early pregnancy bleeding. That said, the perception of having a menstrual period (or more than one) in early pregnancy can confuse the due date and delay some pregnant women from seeking appropriate and timely medical care. Implantation bleeding Many mothers-to-be get a few days of bleeding right around the time that the early embryo is burrowing into the wall of the uterus. On average, this occurs five days after conception and may be confused with an early period, especially if the woman is not keeping close track of her cycles. This implantation bleeding is normal and is not a sign of any problem with the pregnancy. The biggest problem with implantation bleeding is that it can lead to a mistakenly later due date if it is counted as a menstrual period. The real last period from which the due date should be calculated would be the prior one. [/quote:3rrfkpje] maybe as you say it is just your body getting back to normal after the pill, have you still no af this morning? I know when i get my af the first day is strange and doesnt arrive fully until day two! x
WifeZilla Posts: 1222
I think it could be either implantation bleeding or else your periods might be just a tad irregular after coming off the pill and trying to regulate your cycle again. Do a pregnancy test to put your mind at ease as it should be able to detect the pregnancy hormone even at this early stage.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
ye implantation bleeding i was thinking that myself might be worth while to do a test i know you done one before and it was neg
might do a test this evening so. I really don't know. Like i came off the pill before for surgery i had to have, and my period was fine. never like this. It has practically totally gone now and only had it for a couple of hours yesterday morning. Everytime i go for a wee and wipe theres a tiny bit of colour on the tissue, very light browny colour and kind of slimy or watery (so sorry :oops: ) I rang my sis to ask her and she said that when she was in the early stages of pregnancy she got what she thought was her period and was like what i have now. I really don't know though. its weird isn't it? I have a couple of tests at home so i'll take one tonight and see. thanks for ur help girlies, ye are so good
mama sugar Posts: 1387
was wondering where you were malibu, oh the waiting game starts again - I might as well keep my fingers constantly crossed :lol: x
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
If you can wait, test tomorrow morning. I remeember when i had a scare a while ago the girls told me your hormone levels are higher first thing, and if it is early days you might not have much preg. hormones in your system yet. That might be why you got the BFN the other day.