Why is this website so slow??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

glowgal Posts: 949
Does anyone know why this website is so slow these days? Its doing my head in O:| O:| O:|
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Thank you.... It is head wrecking. It's def putting off posters. The place is dead! Nothing will be done till an advertiser complains.
she Posts: 3298
im sick of it as well, it takes for ever to reply to a topic O:|
chefmaid Posts: 2426
I agree, its a pain..But my work rate has gone up the slower the site gets :o0
star13 Posts: 291
My ever wise h2b told me the site is getting slower cos of all the big pics and tickers on the bottom of posts. I'm as guilty as the next person :-8
mrs08 Posts: 1220
It's a bit better this evening but was cracking me up the past couple of days! O:| O:|
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
I sent WOL a complaint and they said that there was nothing wrong with the server that hosts the web site.
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
There's obviously something wrong... after I log in I can't get back into the posts by clicking discussion. I have to click home then go from there. It is very slow.
groomdublin2007 Posts: 6
the reason it is so slow is that people are using large images in too many threads.those ones of people shopping etc.they are casing a huge strain on the site and as each dicussiion usually contains a few of those images it means longer loading times.delete the tickers and large avatars if you want a faster site
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
Ah, blame it on the users? Eh? Typical techy response (even though you are right)