wii or x box

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happilyeverafter Posts: 299
Morning everyone, Hubby wants to get one of the above for xmas but we've heard mixed reports on each. Can any of ye recommend which would be the better option do ye think?? (i am aware all wiis are sold out but we are willing to wait til new yr if its better than xbox) Thanks
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
Its simple - if he is a gamer its a X box if he just wants something to play with its a Wii !
Anonymous Posts: 24542
Wii...its half the price, and its so much fun, you can play it too!
FanjeetaPoobs Posts: 76
xbox 360 all the way. Graphics are far superior.Games are great.I would highly recommend Oblivion!! Call of Duty4 is unbelievable, like playing in a movie. The wii is a more of a novelty i think.If he's a gamer he will get bored of the Wii VERY quickly.
xxx1 Posts: 58
well his a bit of a virgin re the xbox and wii k(as am i :-8 :-8 ) so we're really looking for something we can play together etc. I couldnt same his a gamin boy as such as he's never played either of them before - is the xbox more for a fella than the wii??? Thanks for all of your replies
goblyn Posts: 796
out of both those options I would go for a PS3 :innocent:
Ok Goblyn, talk to me about the PS3 as i said i'm not up-to-date with any of these gadgets God i sound like a granny and im only 23 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
i would defo go with the wii
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Wii Definitely - we have one and it's great fun.. Wii has won loads of awards compared to the other consoles.