Will a goose down duvet make the world a better place?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Persephone Posts: 928
I adore goose down duvets. ADORE them. I love going to a hotel and snuggling in one. Arnotts have a fab one on sale at the moment. It's one of those four season ones that is actually two duvets one heavy, one light that can be clipped together for ultimate winter snuggles. It's 230 euro though. Is that mad money or will I feel like I'm being cuddled by cherubs forever more?
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
Yes- it will make your world a better place! I have a goose feather and down summer/ winter quilt and I :heartbeat: it. So snuggly and warm in the winter and you can take part of it off in the summer. I know the plain goose feather is slightly more luxuorious (sp) but you could get the goose feather and down mix. I have one on our spare bed too and everyone that stays over comments on how nice the quilt is.
MrsBuck Posts: 846
Not if you have allergies! I've spent nights in hotels like a one with the flu over goose feathers!! But if you don't then i'd say they are like sleeping in marshmallows!
Buttonnose Posts: 477
I have a duck down duvet, but I got it in TK Maxx for a lot less. It's just one duvet and I have to say, I wouldn't be without it! I've had it over a year and its a Godsend in winter! You could see it as an investment? :-8 But price around, a bit of comparative shopping never hurt anyone! :wv
Thanks ladies. Luckily I don't have allergies so it wont be a problem for me. I was afraid it may irritate my husband's asthma but we were away for a mini-break recently and the hotel had one. I checked him like an over-bearing mother to make sure didn't even have the sniffles from it! Will definitely do some pricing around. I think they are sooooooooooooooo comfy. Have wanted one forever and am really thinking of biting the bullet and just going for it.
skybusgirl Posts: 518
I spent a few hundred euro on one when myself and OH bought first place together, Id say we got about 3 uses out of it before he couldnt sleep due to heat, he came from old house in country which had zero insulation and couldnt cope with well insulated house with a big quilt. So it has sat in our hot press ever since!
Buttonnose Posts: 477
[quote="snookie":hxxhennz]Thanks ladies. Luckily I don't have allergies so it wont be a problem for me. I was afraid it may irritate my husband's asthma but we were away for a mini-break recently and the hotel had one. I checked him like an over-bearing mother to make sure didn't even have the sniffles from it! [/quote:hxxhennz] My H2B has asthma and it doesn't seem to aggravate him at all (Thank God!) Maybe try borrow one from a friend for a week or so and see if it provokes any reaction before buying one?
Elphaba Posts: 741
I have penneys one and its gorgeous, I got it first for our Kingsize as a temporary measure till I bought a proper one when we first got the bed, but I adore it now. In Summer we just sleep with it around our ankles and a sheet around us. I also have feather pillows, I've tried synthetic ones, ergonomical ones, memoary foam ones and I always end up with a sore neck, so I stick to my feather ones.
[quote="Buttonnose":1dspimcx][quote="snookie":1dspimcx]Thanks ladies. Luckily I don't have allergies so it wont be a problem for me. I was afraid it may irritate my husband's asthma but we were away for a mini-break recently and the hotel had one. I checked him like an over-bearing mother to make sure didn't even have the sniffles from it! [/quote:1dspimcx] My H2B has asthma and it doesn't seem to aggravate him at all (Thank God!) Maybe try borrow one from a friend for a week or so and see if it provokes any reaction before buying one?[/quote:1dspimcx] Thanks. He slept in one for five nights recently, also goose down pillows, and had no reaction so I'd say he's ok. I think I'm gonna get one. Hurray!
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Yes it will make the world a better place , ours is nearly 3 years old now and i was just thinking the last day i will check out the January sales and buy a new on . They are really worth the money and even make the bed look better because they don't just flatten down like some duvets .