Will a small polyp interfere with vaginal birth?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Girls, just curious.... I had a hospital appointment yesterday & gynae examined my cervix as I was having some light spotting during the week and turns out I have 2 small polyps. If course the gynea treated it like I had a grazed knee & that it was nothing to worry about but it was only when I came home that I thought about a vaginal birth? Has anyone any experience that can put my mind at ease?
browz Posts: 256
not exactly same, but i have a fibroid and they told me it wont interfere with birth. my expanding uterus has moved it out of the way of cervix. Im sure if it was gonna be a problem they would have said when they noticed it, as you are so close now.
Thank you for reply - I think you're right that she would've had to say something if it would be a problem, I just panicked when I got home & hadn't asked any questions!
Emme Posts: 4735
I had a few of them (one was taken out and shown to me - lovely!) and they didn't interfere at all, I was oblivious to them during the birth but did get a good bit of bleeding from them during the pregnancy. When the doc went to remove the remaining ones at my 6 week check up they had gone.
theoracle Posts: 7664
I had one long one on dd2, it does not have any effect on the birth and my in fact fell off as well during labour/dilation. As Emme says, be prepared to potentially have spotting, bleeding and pink watery discharge.
Thanks ladies, I haven't had any spotting or bleeding all through this pregnancy only for the 2 days (Mon & Tues) last week. I hadn't DTD or had an internal or anything but it just flared up. Do you think its OK so have DTD as I really want to get this baby moving lol!!!
Emme Posts: 4735
My babydoc advised against it (from about 14 week!! Happy days for me as I was no Heidi Klum at the time let me tell you but sad days for DH!). He just said it'd be 'unpleasant' and I didn't go into it in case he thought I was a manic sex addict (catholic upbringing) but he didn't say it'd be any danger to the baby or anything.