Will I let him forget?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Hepburn Posts: 4081
It is our second anniversary on Sat. I planned and booked a night out last year for our first anniversary and he said he would organise this year. Not only has he not done this but I think he has completely forgotten about it. He is actually working all weekend till at least midnight and has not mentioned anything all week. There is no way he is surprising me as we have a 7 week old baby so we both know a night out takes military style planning. In his defence he has been working like a mad man so he can take time off for our upcoming house move. He is also very attentive normally and will probably be morto when he realises. Should I start hinting so he at least gets a card or wait and see what happens? Have to say even taking everything into consideration I am a bit hurt.......
NowGone Posts: 8042
Nope. Love means knowing when to keep your mouth shut. Bear in mind: 1. he's up to his boobs in work and; 2. He's a man. Win yourself brownie point by swallowing it down and cooking a nice meal "ocs you understand the pressure he's under". You'll catch more flies (Diamons/shoes/whatever) with honey than with vinegar.
clucky Posts: 26471
this is a situtation for mother-in-laws - either his or yours could you ask one of them to mention it to him ''oh with the baby are you and Nantes ok for babysitting on saturday?''
dreamer Posts: 3941
Hi Nantes, First of all congratulations!! Sounds like you both have your hands full, with the baby and his work, so it is understandable that it has slipped his mind!!! But if you are hurt and want to avoid feeling worse when the day (tomorrow) arrives with not even a card, why don't you just say something like....... We have our hands full this year so I thought for our anniversary I'd just cook dinner or something! Can you pick up a bottle wine and we'll have a quiet night in! Its not a hint, it just advance planning!!!
Yeah...I know you are both right. I just needed telling.... :o0 Good idea Clucky. I think I will get one of my mates to text us both "Happy anniversary for tomorrow" so he grabs a bunch of flowers as I know he will be upset if I think he has forgotten. A nice Thai green curry tonight and a few beers...... "You'll catch more flies (Diamons/shoes/whatever) with honey than with vinegar." Lovin' that phrase Nozilla..... Building up brownie points for a weekend away for next years anniversary.... :o0
Thanks dreamer...I am feeling so much calmer now just for saying it. I feel bad for having lived out an almighty strop in my head now!
dreamer Posts: 3941
Thats good!! Have a lovely day and night!!
WonderWol Posts: 2927
Just wanted to say .................. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
Ah...thanks girls. :wv
clucky Posts: 26471
aw yeah happy anniversary 2nd anniversary is cotton so wrap a baby blanket up for him :o0 :o0