will i see heart beat at 7weeks 5 days????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

big mama Posts: 623
hi all as i had a mc in dec and am now pregnant again i just wonderded if any of you had an early scan (not internal ) and seen the heart beat ??? my head is wrecked here any answers apperiacted :thnk :thnk i will be 7 weeks and 5 days then :thnk
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
you should do if your dates are correct, but I was mad certain of mine and they still put me back a week so if I was you would add on another week and go at 8-9 weeks. Best of luck x
Emme Posts: 4735
Same as Dora, I was 100% sure of my dates and the scan put me back a week so bare that in mind.
MammyC Posts: 3621
same again, if your sure of your dates than it will be there. I had an early scan at 8w 5d andwe could see the little bean moving away with heart flickering inside. And our ob has the crappiest ultrasound monitor I have ever come accross and we could still see.
fifteensept Posts: 565
same with me....but i ended up leaving mine untill i was 10weeks had a private scan as gynae wouldnt scan me b4 this as had no history of ms or bleeding but it was g8t was Junior moving all over the place very active and heartbeat was perfect....maybe like the other girls said try and hold out another couple of wks will be will worth it. Best of luck....delighted for you and DH its g8t news
hipbaby Posts: 4530
As others have said you should see it but you don't always so please remember that and try not to worry. I went for early scan and they could just barely make out flicker of heart but they weren't sure so I had to come back a week later and then it was a bit better and then at 10 weeks again.. Just don't be too disappointed if you can't as it doesn't necessarily mean anything.. www.hipbaby.ie
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
I had a mc in jan. Then got a bfp in feb I had an early scan at 6wks 6 days. She did an internal and could see nothing. I was told to empty my bladder a little & she did a vaginal & there was a :lvs Best of luck :wv
Mrs Mai Posts: 763
I had an early scan yesterday because of a m/c last aug. I was 7w 6d doc saw strong heartbeat, to be honest I couldn't see it myself but she turned up the sound and I could certainly hear it. Soooo wonderful and reassuring, I burst into tears with relief. I'm positive of my date because I was charting and the doc able to confirm it. best of luck.
big mama Posts: 623
girls many thanks for your replys :thnk :thnk :thnk :thnk i am just goin to go ahead as my head is melted and i just got my hospital scan date today and its another 8 weeks away and i cant wait that long :o( so i will keep u all posted its next tues night im sure of my dates so i should be def 7wk 5 that day finger crossed for me :wv
spanish mum Posts: 2468
hi mrshyde-i was 7wk5day exactly when i went for my internal scan...and it showed my "little bean" and the heartbeat very clearly. we heard it beating so strongly it was amazing. Good luck, SB