Will my GHDs work in USA??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pinkpeonies Posts: 462
Can I use my UK GHDs in the USA with a travel plug or will the voltage difference blow them?
atina Posts: 2240
Just back from my honeymoon..had awful trouble my hairdryer and ghd...they both worked but the power was crap the hairdryer was barely blowing if you know what i mean and the ghd wasnt as hot as usual..i was sorry i bothered bringing my hair dryer coz i just ended up using the one's in the hotels
pinkpeonies Posts: 462
Thanks for replying, I might just leave them at home then and pick up some cheap ones in Walgreens. Bought american straightners years ago for $20 and they were brilliant but leant them to someone and never got them back >:o(
atina Posts: 2240
yea thats the best thing to do i was sorry i didnt do that
petri Posts: 574
Mine didnt work there think voltage was 2 high for the sockets - I just bought a cheap one over there and worked fine.
paperclips Posts: 3146
I've never had any problems with my GHD in the states, just needed to bring the travel plug with me. Only used the hotels hairdryers so not sure about them.
Mrs W Posts: 2923
I didnt bring my GHD's a I always blow dry my hair straight. It was working like it had half power... with the heat etc I was like Monika in friends (i have good straight hair normally, it just has a bit of a kink and a wee bit of frizz) I even had OH iron it as i lay on the floor but no good, even tied up it was a ball of frizz!
strawberries1 Posts: 1245
Mine didn't. They turned on alright but they were useless and so was my hairdryer. They had no power in them. I think your best bet is to get a cheap one over there with the right voltage.
nelswife Posts: 3869
Mine didnt work in Boston, but it worked in New York