Will shops in NY be open on Thanksgiving?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Guest 102 Posts: 458
hi guys, quick question. I'm off to NY and will be there for Thanksgiving, will the shops be trading as usual seeing that it's a holiday? Thanks in advance!
Grainne20 Posts: 835
Hey they will not be open on the thursday of thanksgiving, but will be open the day after which is the biggest shopping day of year. Its known as black friday and let me tell you NYC will be like a bloody zoo. Good Luck and enjoy the bargain hunting :D
thanks a million for that Grainne, we have a wedding that daythough ! so the sales are they a one day event? :?
Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
black friday is heaven we were there last year the sales do last for a bit after it though. on thanksgiving itself a lot of the tourist stuff and bars and resturants are open and a lot of the shops open at five am the following morning for the sales.
by the way a zoo full of manic women shoppers is my idea of fun although i know its not everybodys :D
it's my idea of fun too! looking forward to getting a few bargains :) thanks for the help
sales in the outlets are fantastic too but if possible hire a car and go first thing in the morning saves on the carrying of bags and for us was somewhere for hubby to be to sit and read his book when i refused to leave! lasted from nine in the morning till four in the pm on one coffee and a bottle of water! forgot to eat (not like me at all) enjoy i'm very jealous now
ahhh thanks..you've me all excited now!
Grainne20 Posts: 835
Yeah the black friday is really the end of the fall/autum gear and the launching of the winter clothing. So although there are sales still on the sat and sunday they will not be as good as the friday. Its madness, the stores really open at 4 and 5 am.....madness!! Enjoy yourself, and the wedding you wil have a ball.
sligogirl Posts: 478
black friday is the main day, u will get sales sat and sun but wont be as good. Dont worry, I was all set for shopping msyefl friday but work not giving us the day off unreal or what. Anyway taking. St. stephens day off instead so looking forward to that. All the xmas stuff as well as other things on sale. yipeeeeeeee