Will Someone Please Give Me a Break

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
Oh my god im so fed up have been having a nightmare with my bms neither of them are very interested in anything to do with the wedding was a struggle to get them to go dress shopping and I ended up booking my own hen cause my CBM couldnt be bothered coupled with the row i had with my parents a couple of weeks ago about the dreaded guest list which stil hasnt been sorted im at my wits end I texted both bms a couple of weeks ago asking if they were both free for this coming saturday so that we could go shoe shopping for them after a lot of hmming and hawing eventually they both said they could come, my CBM lives down the country but her boyfriend lives about 20 mins from where i live he normally goes down to her on his days off during the week so anyway she rings me last night and says oh im going to drive up to you on Friday night so i dont have to be driving early on Saturday morning and ill stay with you which is perfectly fine then she goes on to say oh and sure ill stay with you Saturday night too and ill get my boyfriend to come up and stay too, my OH cannot stand her BF as he is a complete skanger and has absolutely nothing in common with him plus anytime they end up in our house they have a row so now im stuck with them saturday night till god knows what time on sunday OH is going mental and she knows well he doesnt like her BF why oh why cant she just go to her BF house on the saturday night if she wants to see him that badly instead of inflicting him on us i dont want to say anything as it will probably cause a row and thats the last thing i need right now feel like the weekend is totally ruined now and to be honest the last thing i want to do is spend all night Friday all day Saturday and all saturday night and probably all day sunday with her and her BF as she has annoyed me so much casue she has let me down so much and OH is going to be annoyed with me now all weekend too
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Oh i'm sorry you're having such a tough time :action32 We all have weeks like this. Just focus on the wedding and how much you look forward to marrying your OH and everything else is just details and will sort itself out and when you look back at this time you won't remember any of the drama O-O
Jawl Posts: 8881
Could you find somewhere you have to be on Sat nite?? So she has to stay with her BF.
veryvalentino Posts: 259
All you have to do is so great for the Friday but that you already had plans for the Saturday, or make something up!! I would have no guilt in lying in this situation!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
[quote="Jawl":3q88x8rb]Could you find somewhere you have to be on Sat nite?? So she has to stay with her BF.[/quote:3q88x8rb] I totally agree. I would lie my a$$ off and not feel a shred of guilt about it.
Deffo, there's loads of things could come up!
Twirl Posts: 5598
I dont understand why she wouldn't want to spend time with her BF in his place on either of the nights? That way you could collect her and drop her back to him. My BM threw the most amazing strops when i think back i dont know how i did kill her.... she wouldn't wear a certain material, she threw dresses on the floor and got quite nasty about it too. I wouldnt mind but i was letting her choose the dress and colour and i was going to work around that ( invitations, cake, flowers, cravats etc... ), the owner of a the shop we bought the dress in had to have words with her. In the end the dress came and she really loved it but here is the not so funny ( or funny depending on how you look at it ), in the wedding pictures you can see a very very visable big knickers line through the dress :eek I actually wouldn't like her to see it ( these are the proofs ) incase she would be embarrassed so hoping it can be airbrushed out :eek :o0
[quote="MrsMM2010":2tl59jad]I dont understand why she wouldn't want to spend time with her BF in his place on either of the nights? That way you could collect her and drop her back to him. My BM threw the most amazing strops when i think back i dont know how i did kill her.... she wouldn't wear a certain material, she threw dresses on the floor and got quite nasty about it too. I wouldnt mind but i was letting her choose the dress and colour and i was going to work around that ( invitations, cake, flowers, cravats etc... ), the owner of a the shop we bought the dress in had to have words with her. In the end the dress came and she really loved it but here is the not so funny ( or funny depending on how you look at it ), in the wedding pictures you can see a very very visable big knickers line through the dress :eek I actually wouldn't like her to see it ( these are the proofs ) incase she would be embarrassed so hoping it can be airbrushed out :eek :o0[/quote:2tl59jad] MrsMM2010, isn't it annoying when you give them loads of leeway and flexibility on things, and it's still not enough? :eek
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
[quote="MrsMM2010":3cqipmlv]I dont understand why she wouldn't want to spend time with her BF in his place on either of the nights? That way you could collect her and drop her back to him. My BM threw the most amazing strops when i think back i dont know how i did kill her.... she wouldn't wear a certain material, she threw dresses on the floor and got quite nasty about it too. I wouldnt mind but i was letting her choose the dress and colour and i was going to work around that ( invitations, cake, flowers, cravats etc... ), the owner of a the shop we bought the dress in had to have words with her. In the end the dress came and she really loved it but here is the not so funny ( or funny depending on how you look at it ), in the wedding pictures you can see a very very visable big knickers line through the dress :eek I actually wouldn't like her to see it ( these are the proofs ) incase she would be embarrassed so hoping it can be airbrushed out :eek :o0[/quote:3cqipmlv] Oh god at least she hasnt done this!!!! Was talking to OH there and he has calmed down a bit he reckons the same as you guys that we should just make up something that we have to do on saturday night I hate being put in a postion where i have to lie but the alternative is spending the night with the 2 of them which will just grate on both our nerves need to get the thinking caps on now and come up with a brilliant excuse
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="Jawl":2dysinsu][quote="MrsMM2010":2dysinsu]I dont understand why she wouldn't want to spend time with her BF in his place on either of the nights? That way you could collect her and drop her back to him. My BM threw the most amazing strops when i think back i dont know how i did kill her.... she wouldn't wear a certain material, she threw dresses on the floor and got quite nasty about it too. I wouldnt mind but i was letting her choose the dress and colour and i was going to work around that ( invitations, cake, flowers, cravats etc... ), the owner of a the shop we bought the dress in had to have words with her. In the end the dress came and she really loved it but here is the not so funny ( or funny depending on how you look at it ), in the wedding pictures you can see a very very visable big knickers line through the dress :eek I actually wouldn't like her to see it ( these are the proofs ) incase she would be embarrassed so hoping it can be airbrushed out :eek :o0[/quote:2dysinsu] MrsMM2010, isn't it annoying when you give them loads of leeway and flexibility on things, and it's still not enough? :eek[/quote:2dysinsu] Im telling you its a real eye-opener and do you know what you will be amazed at the people that will offer you help and who are really good friends. Im still very good friends with this girl but i dont think being a BM was her thing.