Will they induce her if she has high BP?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gone2007 Posts: 4182
My best friend has gone in to hospital with high BP. Her due date was last Friday and I posted a couple of weeks ago that her placenta was calcified so being induced has been on the cards for a while? Do you think they might induce her now? First one of my friends to have a baby and I'm climbing the walls for her! Can't wait to meet the little mite!
bellabella Posts: 2750
Well, they should imo, the poor girl, i remember you mentioning her. Is she is holles street thats the main thing?
No she is outside Dublin. (Won't mention which hospital coz there are probably only 3 women in there having babs today! :o0 suffice to say it is small but has a fantastic reputation for maternity).
Well magpie, she has reached a great stage and the baby is well ready. i am surprised that they didn't already induce her due to the calcification plus the bp. I'm sure now with her bp being high they won't let her go much futher sure that wouldn't be in her best interest. Will you come back and let us know how she gets on? Did her doc say anything about an induction?
Well that's the thing she has gone fully private and her own consultant had been off for nearly a month. She hasn't seen him since before she got the news about the placenta. I think they were holding out on a decision til he would be back which should have been the end of last week but now he is off sick and I get the feeling noone wants to make any decisions without him. It's not the first time in this pregnancy I feel she has got the short end of the straw because she is fully private in a public hospital, there was a lot of hassle with her scans too.
luigi Posts: 867
Id say they probably will, on account of the placenta being graded now, however if her BP is only borderline high they could leave her if they feel that the baby is in no danger. You'd want your baby out if the placenta wasnt providing well so fingers crossed she goes into labour soon- that would be a relief for her.
[quote="Magpie":20xdywth]Well that's the thing she has gone fully private and her own consultant had been off for nearly a month. She hasn't seen him since before she got the news about the placenta. I think they were holding out on a decision til he would be back which should have been the end of last week but now he is off sick and I get the feeling noone wants to make any decisions without him. It's not the first time in this pregnancy I feel she has got the short end of the straw because she is fully private in a public hospital, there was a lot of hassle with her scans too.[/quote:20xdywth] MyGod she did get the short end of the stick, could they not ring him?
I'd say he probably will come in to see her. Again not trying to give away too much in case anyone knows the people involved but he has an injury rather than an illness; and he is known to be very dedicated to his patients. Actually he is regarded as something of a God at home! Not that I am mocking at all, he saved my mothers life on the operating table a couple of years ago, so I am one of his fans too! :lvs
charli Posts: 5994
Magpie, my consultant induced me at 38 weeks cos i had high BP since approx. 30 weeks on and off, though i felt very well, there was no danger to my baby, placenta was fine, i could have went on fine the way things were (in my vasty medical experience :o0 :o0 ) but he insisted and i had a grand, fast (8 hour labour) she will probs be induced today - depends on how busy they are, whats worse is if they just leave her in-house, to be monitored will be thinking of her/you - brings back memories!!!!
No word from her all morning. Texted her and heard nothing back. Climbing the walls here!!