will you go back to work full time

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

coffeeBean Posts: 77
.... part time or stay at home?
miss sixty Posts: 467
Hi I went back to fulltime work after DS as we needed to show good income whilst looking for mortgage. Hate hate hated it.......hated being away from him and had no luck at all with childminders. Looked for something I could do at home and became a herbalife distributor (weightloss programmes) and quit fulltime job a year ago! Now I fit my home based business around my son and better still I wont be away from the next one at all. Just the way I want it but I do think everybody is different and has to do whats right for them.
Ducky Posts: 2506
Will have to go back full-time as am main earner after DH pays his ex-wife maintenance :cry: Wish I could go part-time but kind of glad I don't have a choice as would hate to have to make a decision...
charmed Posts: 105
Hope to go back to work 4 days per week thats if boss agrees!!! Am going to use the hols acculmated over maternity leave at first and then just reduce my wage once that is used up. Thats the plan at the moment anyway.
charli Posts: 5994
i went back PT after my DD was born. then i increased to 4 days per week taking one day parental leave. now i am back to 5 days as she is just started playschool 5 mornings a week and is minded in a creche. might consifer job sharing next year if i am lucky enough to have a second tough choice, but most times not one with an option
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
I think when it happens I will only go back to work 3 days a week - if my boss allows it. I dont think I would like to be at home full time but also I wouldnt want to be away from junior full time either so 3 days would be a compromise and I would have the best of both worlds - Fingers crossed it all works out that way and not just in my head !
Miss Sunshine Posts: 1128
I'm taking my full maternity benefit and then i'm leaving work for good :D
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i dont know what i'm goin to do, i will definently be goin back to work just not sure wheter part of full time, i have a child minder set up already and i work for my parents so i wont be in a mad rush to decide. mite come back part time and go from there.
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
Haven't a clue what I want to do. Have decided that I'm taking my extra unpaid leave which puts me off for nearly 10 months altogether. Have two choices can either get some Book-Keeping work to do at home and try to restart and expand the Cake Baking a Decorating Business I'd started last year. At the minute I've stopped doing that because I wasn't fit for it with the bump and full time work. Or I can go back to work. My Mum lives with us and can be quite difficult sometimes, so I might be dying to get out of the house by Easter never mind next Sept but then I have the problem of Childminder also because she assumes she's doing it, but she's not fit, certainly not full time so I also have that hurdle to get around also, there will be major sulks sighing and "good for nothing, better off dead" comments to live with, lol. So at the moment I'm trying not to think about that bit and just look forward to getting on maternity leave first and having the baby and then we'll take it as it comes.
summer days Posts: 112
I will definately have to go back to work cos there is a mortgage and other crappy bills to pay.. At least for the next few years I will be working cos I unfortunately earn more than my husband does so it is really not an option!! Anyone else in the same predicament? Hubby said this morning that he would stay at home and be a house husband though.. he would love to do it!!