Will you miss the few bevvies over Christmas?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
I've found up to now, the "not drinking" thing hasn't bothered me at all. I haven't been in the mood for it, and I suppose my instinct just shifted towards not wanting it, so I haven't found it that difficult. HOWEVER :-8 with Christmas around the corner, I feel I'm really going to miss the few drinks. I haven't had any at all, and I might have a glass of wine on Christmas day. But even the thoughts of that brings on an attack of the guilts! I know its not a huge sacrifice at all, but you know, with all the partying going on its hard not to miss it. How do ye feel?
YumYum Posts: 482
Hi Madgie, It won't bother me at all over Christmas, just love the no hangover mornings. MIL landed to the house last night, she was getting in her drink for Xmas and asked the man behind the counter for non-alcoholic wine for me, she took home a bottle and it is just devine. Slightly sparkling, so am looking forward to indulging into a few glasses of that. YYxx
bonita Posts: 1678
I think I will - Its not the NOT DRINKING I have done that loads of times by choice its more the I CANT DRINK do you know what I mean. Although I was at my work doo at the weekend and I felt a bit out of it, I couldnt get in to the swing It takes a good few drinks to get me on the dance floor so I was a bit of a wall flower! Ive been looking everywhere for some Non Alcoholic Champagne for to get for Christmas, I love Champers and if I could have a few guilt free glasses of fizz in a proper glass ye know I think Id like that. I found www.lono.co.uk but I didnt wanna buy a case of it. It might be yuck. Somebody here said Dunnes do one. I haven't seen it in my local dunnes but Im gonna search Dublin this weekend. O-O
sinion Posts: 6050
I'm only just starting off so I really don't miss it at all yet, but i'd say in a few months i'll be gagging for a cold bulmers! Told family at the weekend and Mum got out a bottle of champagne. I had a glass in front of me for nearly 4 hours and didn't even drink half of it, I'd say 3 sips at most, just had no desire for it at all, sooooo unlike me :o0
bonita Posts: 1678
[quote="YumYum":cuyxvdaf]Hi Madgie, It won't bother me at all over Christmas, just love the no hangover mornings. MIL landed to the house last night, she was getting in her drink for Xmas and asked the man behind the counter for non-alcoholic wine for me, she took home a bottle and it is just devine. Slightly sparkling, so am looking forward to indulging into a few glasses of that. YYxx[/quote:cuyxvdaf] Aw where did she get it & whats it called if you know. Please I agree the one bonus with not drinking at our xmas doo on sat was at breakfast on Sunday morning, I was in great form telling them all what they were getting up the night before - everybody was in a heap
pluto Posts: 3893
[quote="Bonita":3cvogwvy][quote="YumYum":3cvogwvy]Hi Madgie, It won't bother me at all over Christmas, just love the no hangover mornings. MIL landed to the house last night, she was getting in her drink for Xmas and asked the man behind the counter for non-alcoholic wine for me, she took home a bottle and it is just devine. Slightly sparkling, so am looking forward to indulging into a few glasses of that. YYxx[/quote:3cvogwvy] Aw where did she get it & whats it called if you know. Please I agree the one bonus with not drinking at our xmas doo on sat was at breakfast on Sunday morning, I was in great form telling them all what they were getting up the night before - everybody was in a heap[/quote:3cvogwvy] Yeah, we'd our Christmas party as well on Friday night, and I was up bright and early Sat morning going shopping. It was great! Would love to know the name of that wine as well, if you know it.
YumYum Posts: 482
Yep will get the name of it this evening for you and post it up. It comes in white and Rose, have only tasted the white and it gorgeous so am going to get a few more bottles of it.
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I'd love to know the name of it too, I've tried several non-alcoholic versions and they're all rank!! I'd decided I was better off drinkign Schloer or something!! I haven't been missing the drink at all really, in fact for the whole 2nd trimester, even the thought of it gave me heartburn!! Now though, I've had a couple of evenings when I would have killed for a lovely cold glass of white wine. Might have one or two spritzers on Christmas night in the house.
silíní Posts: 4219
Ooh i want some of that wine!!! I wasn't missing the drink at all for the first 12 weeks or so, i totally turned off it, now i really miss it!!!! I am finding it a bit sad not to have the few beers/glasses of vino etc but sure its a small price to pay, and sure we'll all be cheap dates when the little bundles finally arrive, one drink and we'll be merry!!!
mjm Posts: 393
I'm definately going to miss not having a few drinks at Christmas, especially when I hear people planning big nights out. I missed not being able to have some at our christmas party last friday too. I find the having to make up excuses worse than not drinking though, that is a real pain and at least that is only for another few weeks for me. All more than worth it though. mjm