Menu

Wine Dilema - head is wrecked!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

zilla2010 Posts: 415
Well this whole thing of which wine to pick is actually starting to do my head in O:| O:| O:| I wouldn't be a major wine drinker anyway, but i'm going with recommendations from people, ads on the telly, bottles on special in Tesco, Lidl etc and I can't find one that is oh yeah that mmmm!!! Please help wollies, what wine have you all chosen for your day??? O-O
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
Hi there have kind of the same problem myself. Not a major wine drinker. Think ill get either Blossom Hill or Piat D'or wine. Love the Piat D'or one. Think Asda does have the B.H one on special alot. Also Bend in the Creek??? think thats what its called is quite nice
10/10 Posts: 134
[quote="bride2be1":8nr9f4we]Hi there have kind of the same problem myself. Not a major wine drinker. Think ill get either Blossom Hill or Piat D'or wine. Love the Piat D'or one. Think Asda does have the B.H one on special alot. Also Bend in the Creek??? think thats what its called is quite nice[/quote:8nr9f4we] Bend in the River maybe?? I got Arniston Bay white - everyone seems to love this ( don't drink white myself but it tastes good - fruity ) and for the red we went with Le Monferrine - yummy - both were in Asda for 3 for £10 :eek also both v easy drink :hic P.s bride2b1 love ur pic :)
havemovedon Posts: 2013
Go with something neutral and easy to drink, pleases the masses! While I might love a blow-your-brains-out red wine it's not suitable for a wedding unless you want your guests face down on the table after dinner. Ditto on the white, don't go for something too sweet, some very sweet whites can taste like dessert wine. Ask the shop staff for advice, they should know what goes down well at functions.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
[quote="10/10":142lplja][quote="bride2be1":142lplja]Hi there have kind of the same problem myself. Not a major wine drinker. Think ill get either Blossom Hill or Piat D'or wine. Love the Piat D'or one. Think Asda does have the B.H one on special alot. Also Bend in the Creek??? think thats what its called is quite nice[/quote:142lplja] Bend in the River maybe?? I got Arniston Bay white - everyone seems to love this ( don't drink white myself but it tastes good - fruity ) and for the red we went with Le Monferrine - yummy - both were in Asda for 3 for £10 :eek also both v easy drink :hic P.s bride2b1 love ur pic :)[/quote:142lplja] Yes bend in the river thats the one. Love your pic 2 arent they just georgus. :lvs them
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Something middle of the road is the advice usually. We were a bit addled ourselves but in the end we bought from Bennetts in Warrenpoint. They opened a couple of bottles we thought we might like and let us taste and it really helped us decide. Prices are very good compared to down south as well. It was well worth the trip for the reassurance of being able to taste first and getting good advice, staff there are excellent. Enjoy wine shopping!
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
If you are buying soon Tesco have great discounts on at the moment. Santa Rita for 7euro McGuigans chardonnay / s.blanc for 5.99 which is fantastic value. Some really good reds for 6euro. They've some other great names out there ranging from 5-7 euro, can't think of them off hand but I was getting a couple of bottles at the weekend and was thinking about the wedding bottles. I'm sure the north have savings too but I thought these were great prices for the south and tesco