Wineport April '09

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jenman Posts: 7
Hey girls, Just booked the Wineport for this day 5 months and am really excited! Went to see it on Sunday. The day was really dark and freezing and the lake was rough which I found so atmospheric! I'm a little scared too tho, after reading some of the posts. We will have around 140 people. They say they can cater for 150, but has anyone actually been at a 140 or so wedding and how was it? I bought my dress in Berketex and hope I've made the right choice. There's only one picture of it on the whole net, which is a bit of a pain., "Marylise" Pia. Only got engaged in Sept, but wanted to get married before the summer. Have nothing else done yet! Should I be worried that I've only 5 months to organise everything??? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this whole forum thing, but think it might help me a lot with my preps! Hope to hear from you soon! :wv
kitten_77 Posts: 826
wow - will be a exciting engagement for sure!!! i would advise you get on the case regarding bands asap. i think once church and venue are sorted the next most important thing is the band, they book up REALLY quickly. there are loads of threads here regarding good bands. next thing then would be church music, make up artist, hair dresser and photographer (videographer if you're having one). Find out from hotel if they can recommend any suppliers, and maybe ask other Wineport Wollies for advice. it can be done though... although you'll be kept busy for the next couple of months :o0 dont be afraid to use this place for info, there are great tips and everyone is really helpful :wv
btw, i should say that our next door neighbors got marries in Wineport over the summer and had a fab day. the wedding coordinator there is really good, she ;ll make sure everything runs smoothly on the day.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
My brother had his wedding reception in the Wineport 2 years ago and had 110 quests but to be honest they couldn't have really catered for many more! But it was really nice and we all had a great time. Is 140 the number you are inviting or the number you expect to go? Remember most people have at least 10% nos and more if it's a week day. (We've had over 25% nos). In relation to planning, just make sure you get the legal sorted ASAP and if you're getting married in a church you also need to get that moving, esp the Pre-marriage course.
Sweets08 Posts: 958
Congrats on your engagement :o)ll !! Wineport is beeeeaaautiful!! I would agree with the others you need to sort hte legal side asap, then bands, photographer, church music etc etc Oh and of course your dress!! Happy planning! :thnk
oh god yea Winterb2b made very good point re legal stuff... you have to notify the state registrar of marriages of your date at least 3 months before the wedding so do that asap!!! thats actually prob no1 priority for you cause they are booked up way in advance (in dublin anyway). (you need to do this even for church wedding, in case u think its for civil only) Ring them and they'll tell you what you need to do/know/bring etc http://www.groireland.ie/getting_married.htm prob best to book a pre marriage course soon too, if thats something u were going to do.
Jenman Posts: 7
Oh my God! Can't believe I got so many replies already!! Thanks a million for all the advice and good wishes. Think I might become a forum addict! Will start off the legal side of things tomorrow and go from there! I'm sure I'll be speaking to you again soon. By the way, we're hoping to invite 140, so I know there'll be regrets, however we've other people to invite in that case. We prob need to sit down with the list again and fine tune it. We really are in love with the venue so fingers crossed it all goes ok. Thanks again and good luck with all of your plans too!
bulmersbride Posts: 23
Hi Jenman, You made me smile when I read you were trying to arrange everything in 5 months. I'm sure it can be done. I am getting married in 4wks and only arranged the band 2wks ago! I work better under pressure. You will be fine getting it all done. Just organise state notice and marriage course asap. best of luck PS to all other WP brides out there...has anyone got married there recently? I am wondering whether to order food for afters or is it a waste as the dinner finishes so late. Cheers...