Wineport Brides??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

cookies_gal Posts: 450
Hi - any other wollies getting married in the Wineport Lodge Athlone?? :wv
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
I was at a recording of the RTE programme The Restaraunt at the Wineport and it was amazing...all I can say is the wedding photographs would be fantastic :wv
Thanks Trixy - it was the first venue i saw (found it through WOL!) and booked it straight away. Been back twice since & just love it even more. Looking to see who else is having reception there. Oh The Restaurant - I'd say that was fun to see in action ??
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
It was a brilliant experience, we were diners at it...Ray D'arcy was the chef.... The couple who owns the Wineport were lovely and could not do enough for us :wv
Jenman Posts: 7
Hey there, I'm having my reception in Wineport in 6 weeks!! Really looking forward to it. We went for our tasting last week and it was just fantastic! I had a great facial when I arrived and we chilled for the day before heading down to the restaurant to try lots and lots of dishes and finalise our menu!!! When are you getting married and are you having your ceremony in a local church? We're having ours in Drumraney church about 10 mins away. Hope the weather is nice, tho I've been down on crappy days and to tell the truth, the location is breath-taking no matter what the weather. My dress arrived last week and I'm going for my first fitting on Sat morning! Should be exciting! See ya later
Ohhh congrats Jenman - wow only 6 weeks to go!! :o)ll :o)ll How did you find the tasting? Are you getting their wine or your own? Are you doing the boat entrance? It's an amazing venue I'm just so happy I found it - no matter what the weather the pics will be gorgeous. I bet you're all excited!!! Congrats!!! O-O
Jenman Posts: 7
Thanks Cookie gal! We're gonna arrive by car - my other half would be morto arriving in a boat and would prob fall into the lake!! :o0 We're bringing in our own wine. The tasting was so lovely. Make sure you arrive with an empty stomach, cos there's lots of delicious food. Wanda looked after us and was really helpful - offering some great advice re choices and quantity of cases of wine needed etc - coming from their vast experience of punters' likes and dislikes. I've ordered my cake from M&S in Newry. It's the Classic chocolate rose cake. It's white on the outside - here's the link to their site. http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/produ ... &rh=&page= It's only 225 euro, tho you have to collect it from Newry. They don't do them in the Republic. We're in Dublin tho, so it's not too big a deal. I've a big rose on the side of my dress so it kind of ties in well! God I sound really sad coordinating my cake with my dress! We've a band and a DJ booked and are having a bbq the next day. How about you. How are your plans going? We only got engaged in September, so it's all happened very quickly, but I haven't gotten too stressed about anything so we're all good! I think the major stress is deciding on the church and venue really, and I won't even mention the recession!!! :o( ) Would love to hear what ideas you guys have? When's the big day? How many guests are you expecting? :wv
billygate Posts: 952
have a look at my pics got married there in 07 www.corinbishop.com username is collinsmulledy password shrekandfiona highly recommend corin as photographer he did the wineport website pics
Wow that cake looks gorgeous! Yum!! My BM is making mine - her family are in the business and i loved her cake she made for her own wedding. It's choc biscuit. We were thinking of bringing our own wine but will see if they will give us their own wine a little cheaper. Then decide. Oh you are doing the BBQ - I was thinking about that not sure of the cost etc. We provisionally booked a few rooms the 2nd night after the wedding so we can relax and take it all in (mine is on a thurs so only had to book 1 night out) Are you having food before & after main meal / what time is your band on? It's so exciting - having an angel theme so cant wait to see what they can do with the rooom, just want lots of candle-light and white. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
KEGAN08 Posts: 12
Hi Girls Getting married in the wineport too in early July can't wait.....Is anybody worried about booking all the rooms