Menu

Winter Venue

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Distressed Bride Posts: 56
Hiya, Trying to put a list together of winter wedding venues to go view this weekend and next. I am based in dublin but anywhere in leinster is fine, there will be 120 guests. Ideally i would like somewhere with a bit of character, open fires, but with enough accommodation for all or most people that would be attending. Oh and maybe a few modern touches like a spa, newly refurbished - old style but not too shabby...... All comments/ideas welcome - would like to get married this december so the race is on!!!!
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
I'm not sure but Carton house may be an option for you the old part. Finnstown House wouldnt have spa but it is lovely.
xmas2010 Posts: 102
hey, the step house hotel in Borris, carlow is absolutely gorgeous!, been to a few weddings there, its been newly refurbished but has a cosy yet sophisticated feel, very much a boutique type of place, open fireplaces everywhere and penthouse is huge! . the residence bar is incredible. was at a wedding there and the staff couldn't do enough. website isnt great for pictures etc- would seriously recommend it. I would love to have gotten married there but couldn't work it out with family etc. :wv
marquise Posts: 595
Barberstown Castle in Straffan is beautiful - it has character and open fires. There's no spa though.
Babylou Posts: 724
Dunboyne castle
mollyeile Posts: 2486
[quote="marquise":peb3h32z]Barberstown Castle in Straffan is beautiful - it has character and open fires. There's no spa though.[/quote:peb3h32z] I have to second Barberstown - I'm getting married there in December. Went to see it last Christmas and it looked amazing
Couple Photography
Distressed Bride Posts: 56
Thanks Hadn't heard of the step house but will definitely check it out - can't get onto their website just now - my internet is crap this is about the only site i could access all day.... anyway thanks for the ideas keep them coming
ela28 Posts: 2552
the Kilashee house in Naas is everything you just described,it's absolutely fab,well worth checking out,hth :wv
buds and berries Posts: 565
Have you thought of looking at the village in lyons, I am working with a few brides who are getting married there later this year and I think they have got some good deals given the times we are in. It is a fabulous intimate venue with bundles of character and a great reputation for food. The link is below for your reference http://www.villageatlyons.com/ Carton house is lovely aswell and kinnitty is my other love for a real magical castle winter wedding with true open fires and lots of candlelight. Many thanks, Felicity.
winterbride 09 Posts: 93
Hi ya! You have to look at Bellinter House, Co. Meath. I live near it and myself and H2B love going there. Its private location, old renovated stately home, perfect for winter weddings with big open fires, creaky door (for effect!), original features. Its a few miles the Dublin side of Navan. Good luck with the search! :wv