Wisdom teeth infection doctor R dentist

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Clumsy28 Posts: 407
I've an infection caused by my wisdom teeth its quite sore who do I go to for an Antibiotic. Just want my normal mouth back :o(
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
You'll probably be better to see a dentist. It might be better to have your wisdom teeth removed. Either way your dentist can tell you if they are coming in normally and it may be temporary discomfort or one or more of them may need to come out. Corsodyl mouthwash is good for any mouth infection.
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Oh I get that a lot too. Pain in the a ss. Can never eat properly with it Get yourself to the dentist for your anti biotic as soon as
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Dentist... I feel your pain ladies, suffered really badly with mine. Thankfully the four of them are gone now :)
LadylovesChocolate Posts: 300
I had this and went to my dentist who cleaned it out a bit - probably better to get them to diagnose the problem than try fixing it yourself. You poor thing -its rotten I know.
Thanks MrsDodders will get that mouth wash. Ya I know I'll have to get it out is it true the top ones can be done with a local anethiastic (can't spell)
[quote="Clumsy28":3r8u452r]Thanks MrsDodders will get that mouth wash. Ya I know I'll have to get it out is it true the top ones can be done with a local anethiastic (can't spell)[/quote:3r8u452r] It depends on how far down they are, are they straight etc. I had my top two out under local, and the bottom two out under general as they had to cut the bone for those.
It depends on how far down they are, are they straight etc. I had my top two out under local, and the bottom two out under general as they had to cut the bone for those.[/quote] Oh great something to look forward to
mysteriousgirl Posts: 783
I'm your twin here, been suffering with it the last few days, hasn't happened in approx 4 yrs so I'm holding tough it won't get any worse or else they'll have to be taken out. Last time I had infection I was on antibiotics and anti inflammatory tablets, best go and see the dentist. I better practice what I preach now
On the brightside ladies, when you get them out your cheekbones look more pronuounced!