WOL addiction - what was your defining moment?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Asscher Posts: 732
Although I don't have many posts I am a WOL addict. I am on my second user name (my identity was compromised ha ha) and have been a member since 2007. When I got engaged a girl in work who was recently married told me about WOL. I just had to go on and have a look in all my newly engaged excitement. The first post I read was by a girl who was getting married in a matter of weeks and there was no sign of her dress. I can still see myself sitting there reading the post eyes getting bigger and bigger at the horror of it all. I couldn't wait to get home each day to check what the update was and had a few sneaky looks in work too. I have copied in the link to the original thread below. For me from there on in I was hooked on the site. Three years later, now a married woman, I am still here after living through some memorable posts (half a cupcake, bride and groom toilet roll for anyone who remembers) and I often wonder what that defining moment was for other WOLLIES that cemented your addiction to the site? Was there a particular thread or was it the site in general. (Or maybe I am the only loser who is thinking like this ha ha) [url:1325itb9]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=95066[/url:1325itb9]
mkb Posts: 1744
i just read through all that Asscher, did she get her dress sorted in the end? :-8 :-8
Morrigin, I love how OP had tips on how to hide your addiction. She had obviously been there herself before ha ha mkb - here is the follow up thread for you :o0 [url:13jvtzhu]http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=103149[/url:13jvtzhu]
mkb Posts: 1744
i think this maybe one of those moments for me. I just read till the end of that link assher. for my second admition today. Hi, I'm MKB and I'm addicted to WOL :o0
gottabfp Posts: 5641
When friends ask, are you on wol again? sure you are married over a year! or if i cant think of an answer to something the girls in work say.. .ask on wol!
[quote="mkb ":1f41rmxd]i think this maybe one of those moments for me. I just read till the end of that link assher. for my second admition today. Hi, I'm MKB and I'm addicted to WOL :o0[/quote:1f41rmxd] Ha ha so your perfect day would be spent eating chocolate and browsing through WOL :o0 Wannabfp I know what you mean. I used to start so many conversations with 'I read on WOL'. It got to the stage where I was embarassed and used to lie and say 'I heard on the radio' or 'I read in a magazine' instead. If there is something I need an answer on I go straight here too.
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
[[/quote] Ha ha so your perfect day would be spent eating chocolate and browsing through WOL :o0 Wannabfp I know what you mean. I used to start so many conversations with 'I read on WOL'. It got to the stage where I was embarassed and used to lie and say 'I heard on the radio' or 'I read in a magazine' instead. If there is something I need an answer on I go straight here too.[/quote] Ha thats me too! I just say I heard somewhere...... I love WOL am so addicted. Hubby constantly gives out to me, he can't understand why you would want to talk to strangers online! I don't understand why he doesn't!