WOL Lately

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shin Posts: 8515
just want to know if im the only one who notices bullying going on here. not directly at me even though i have had a few wind up comments in the last few days which ive chosen to ignore but in general. i know for a fact im not the only one who notices this, and im only realising after reading a lot of posts randomly that we have nothing but 'trolls' putting their hurtful, nasty two cents worth in. you're guaranteed that nearly every third post in each forum has a bitch scrap going on. sometimes im baffled from reading posts when someone says something so innocent they get such a nasty response. there are loads of nice girls here with whom its such a pleasure to chat to and joke with but all this nasty horrible name calling, smart comments and slating other people personally in my book just isnt on. we dont live by that standard in 'real' life so why should everyone listen to it here when its supposed to be a forum where people help each other out? normally ive never considered or even thought about the moderators here but i think its about time something was done. in any aspect there is only so much people can take. personally ive been on here two years and quickly became addicted (havent we all :o)ll ). a simple question really, what the hell happend to the WOL i used to know?
ginger nut Posts: 5989
I just try to ignore it whenever I can - although sometimes it is frustrating when a perfectly good thread gets totally hijacked by some of the bitchy comments.
thats exactly it ginger isnt it, sometimes its so hard to ignore, theres times when i feel so sorry for people when they post and all they get back is pure abuse. and then you end up with one person against fifty trying to defend themselves. ginger are you normally a night wolly?? xx
McSquigg Posts: 174
I agree - it makes me want to switch off. There's no need for so much bitchiness.
[quote="shin":bp0vundd] ginger are you normally a night wolly?? xx[/quote:bp0vundd] not normally a night time wolly but hubbie is out with the lads tonight and I've the house to myself - bottle of wine and WOL and all is well with the world! He asked me to join them but he's with a bunch of lads, they've been at the rugby/in the pub all day.....it wasn't hard to make the decision to stay here with my sauvignon!
[quote="Ginger Nut":babghxt5][quote="shin":babghxt5] ginger are you normally a night wolly?? xx[/quote:babghxt5] not normally a night time wolly but hubbie is out with the lads tonight and I've the house to myself - bottle of wine and WOL and all is well with the world! He asked me to join them but he's with a bunch of lads, they've been at the rugby/in the pub all day.....it wasn't hard to make the decision to stay here with my sauvignon![/quote:babghxt5] love it.. me too, i moved in with my new housemates and theyre so cool, theyre gone out tonight asked me to come but i fancy a night in alone. sounds sad but im happy. my other half is working tonight on duty so ive the ol vino out too ginger, nothin like it eh? i also walked half an hour to the nearest shop which sells international mags and treated myself to an Ok maginzine in english, bliss.....or maybe pathetic?? xx
lamb nose Posts: 679
Totally agree. The odd time I have received a nasty comment it has actually hurt me for the rest of the day!! I mean, there is no need for half of the bitchiness. It is true that we don't live by the 'real' rules of etiquette when we are online.
[quote="lamb nose":1d61kojy] It is true that we don't live by the 'real' rules of etiquette when we are online.[/quote:1d61kojy] Never heard that but it would explain quite a lot. But i've always tried to be nice and not get personal - some of the stuff that gets posted here can be so nasty! I'd be really careful about what i post - you never know where it goes in cyberspace and how long it stays there and when it'll come back to bite you on the bum!
McSquigg Posts: 174
Yeah, I often wonder if theyd be that nasty if they were face to face with the person they're bitching at.
lamb nose Posts: 679
I try not to post too much personal stuff. I would die of shame if I realised someone figured out who I was and was passing on all my secrets!