wollies take note-flower advise regarding the church - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Valkstar Posts: 2747
[quote="buzybumble":27zmgjws]Poodle, I'm not getting married until Sept of next year but I asked the priest at my church about flowers and he said you have to ask the ladies and I was like what ladies ?? He then went on to tell me that he leaves them in charge of decking out the church with flowers etc.. I went to meet the ladies and they were all in there 60s and were crap at flower arranging, its a hobby to them. They said if I wanted someone else to do the flowers I would have to pay them between €500 and €800 towards the church as thats what they would be losing out on !!!! >:o( >:o( >:o( Went back to the priest to have a chat but he didnt want anything to do with it O:| So If anyone knows of a nice church on the south side that will be free in Sept 08 that doesnt have that kind of crap going on please PM Me O' poodle PM me your details as I will be needing a florist as I havent found one yet that I like.[/quote:27zmgjws] Oh my God that's awful! How the hell would they be losing out on that money if you were just paying for the flowers???? Is there nobody higher up that you can talk to?
poodle Posts: 596
[quote="buzybumble":41htjsdq]Poodle, I'm not getting married until Sept of next year but I asked the priest at my church about flowers and he said you have to ask the ladies and I was like what ladies ?? He then went on to tell me that he leaves them in charge of decking out the church with flowers etc.. I went to meet the ladies and they were all in there 60s and were crap at flower arranging, its a hobby to them. They said if I wanted someone else to do the flowers I would have to pay them between €500 and €800 towards the church as thats what they would be losing out on !!!! >:o( >:o( >:o( Went back to the priest to have a chat but he didnt want anything to do with it O:| So If anyone knows of a nice church on the south side that will be free in Sept 08 that doesnt have that kind of crap going on please PM Me O' poodle PM me your details as I will be needing a florist as I havent found one yet that I like.[/quote:41htjsdq] thats really unbelievable-thats like blackmail!!!!we're not getting married in our local church,easy enuf to do,just a bit of paperwork so if i were you go for it,because thats really very "unchristian" , and your flowers might not even cost you that amount.I'll pm you my details,call anytime,no obligation at all.