Wooden changing unit - where to buy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

annabella Posts: 190
hi, i am looking for a changing table/unit for downstairs, all i can see around are either the plastic ones (which i'm not mad about) or the chest of drawers types (which i'm getting for upstairs) but could defo do with one for downstairs. anybody know where sells them? don't want to spend a fortune on it either thanks
Jellybean08 Posts: 26
Hi annabella I got a lovely white one in Smyths a few weeks ago. The furniture in baby's room is white so i was delighted when i saw it even more so when i saw the price as it was only €30. I couldn't believe it as it was a really nice one and such good quality. I'm not sure if they still have them but they have similar ones in mothercare in pine/natural wood for about €60 which isn't too bad either. The great thing about the wooden ones is you can use them as a shelving unit when you've finished using it as a changing unit. HTH
thats amore Posts: 714
i've seen them in world of wonder and i think you might be able to get them in argos too, but not sure.
silíní Posts: 4219
I got mine in world of wonder
annabella Posts: 190
ok will check out world of wonder and mothercare during the week. Cheers girlies O-O
wexfordbell Posts: 1065
I got mine in Smyths on fir. Its pine effect and is 3 shelves but the changing mat fits on top
whackywoman Posts: 1496
we got one in Ikea for about €35, it is smaller in length than the ones in smyths etc but suits us fine and has a shelf at the bottom of it and we store all of the stuff we need there.
smurf77 Posts: 2216
hey I want to get the one from the ikea with the shelf, saw it when I was up there before BFP and said I wanted it Dh thought I was mental :-8 Is it good? Is it easy to assemble?
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
We bought a lovely chest of drawers and attached a changing mat to the top of it! I love it! Couldn't find what we were looking for anywhere!
whackywoman Posts: 1496
[quote="smurf77":2xb3xn5v]hey I want to get the one from the ikea with the shelf, saw it when I was up there before BFP and said I wanted it Dh thought I was mental :-8 Is it good? Is it easy to assemble?[/quote:2xb3xn5v] Not too bad, its flat packed but really sturdy we are getting great use out of it.