Wording for details of bus to include with invitations??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fifi09 Posts: 414
Hi ladies I'm a bit stuck and am hoping you can help me out. Trying to get our invites finished between this evening and the weekend. We have a bus as an option for our guests to get from the church to our reception venue (about 50 mins. drive) and the bus will be returning at 2.30am after the reception as we don't want people to feel under pressure to stay overnight. I need to include details with our invitations as I will need for people to let me know if they want to avail of the bus so that I can make sure we have a space for anyone who needs one. This is what I have drafted but don't really like the sound of it: A bus will be available on the day to take our guests from the church to the reception, the bus will be returning from Lyrath to Waterford at 2.30am. If you would like a seat on the bus, please indicate so on the R.S.V.P card enclosed. If you require accommodation some local options are: Option 1.... Tel: (056) Option 2.... Tel: (056) Option 3.... Tel: (056) If anyone has any suggestions or has done something similar I'd love to hear your thoughts / ideas. O-O
Anyone??? Could really use some advice on this :-8 Thanks :thnk
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I want to do something similar but I won't include it on the invites. I'll just do up a separate card along with directions to reception etc. I don't want too much information on the invites. It might spoil the look imo.
Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that it's not on the actual invitations itself but included on a separate card along with another little card giving directions, both will be sent in the envelope with the invitations though *) How did you go about wording the details for your bus? Thanks a mill
ms organised Posts: 1069
[quote="Bridee80":al0j8tky]I want to do something similar but I won't include it on the invites. I'll just do up a separate card along with directions to reception etc. I don't want too much information on the invites. It might spoil the look imo.[/quote:al0j8tky] + 1 We were thinking about doing this but then decided against it as we were afraid too many people would take advantage and leave their cars at home and there wouldn't be enough room on the bus for people who really needed it. We are going to use word of mouth to let the people who really need the bus know. O:o)
[quote="ms organised":1qxha21t][quote="Bridee80":1qxha21t]I want to do something similar but I won't include it on the invites. I'll just do up a separate card along with directions to reception etc. I don't want too much information on the invites. It might spoil the look imo.[/quote:1qxha21t] + 1 We were thinking about doing this but then decided against it as we were afraid too many people would take advantage and leave their cars at home and there wouldn't be enough room on the bus for people who really needed it. We are going to use word of mouth to let the people who really need the bus know. O:o)[/quote:1qxha21t] Thanks Ms. Organised. Had thought about doing it that way but would rather have a list of exactly who's going to use the bus so decided to ask them to let us know when they RSVP. How are you controlling it? I'd just be a little worried that people would just turn up on the day expecting to use the bus and there not be enough space??? Thanks again :thnk
ms organised Posts: 1069
That's what we were worried about too so we've kinda kept it quiet about the bus and just mentioning it to people we know who will really need it. I'm not worrying about it too much, there'll always be people with room in their car and who will happily offer lifts to others.
fish12 Posts: 389
j
That's great girls, thanks for the advice O-O