Wording for thank you cards (no gift)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NYCdiamond Posts: 36
Hi I want to send thank you cards to all our guests. Some guests did not give us a gift but i want to send a thank you note anyway. Any ideas how to word this? Do you just say thank you for sharing our special day, it was wonderful to see you again????? Seems a little short...... any ideas?
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
That's a great idea NYCdiamond, very gracious of you. It's also possible that some people will give you gifts very late - so you won't have to send them another thank you then. You can just puff it out a bit. Thanks so much for sharing our special day with us. We had a wonderful time, and it wouldn't have been the same without you. Best wishes, NYC and Mr NYC
well its been 2 months now so i dont think we'll get any more gifts. We are setting up an online album of photos from the day and the link is printed inside the thank you card. Hence everyone is getting a card (would be bad form if only people who sent gifts got this). thanks for your help
errigal08 Posts: 1302
[quote="NYCdiamond":14oxnd4y]Hi I want to send thank you cards to all our guests. Some guests did not give us a gift but i want to send a thank you note anyway. Any ideas how to word this? Do you just say thank you for sharing our special day, it was wonderful to see you again????? Seems a little short...... any ideas?[/quote:14oxnd4y] some people dident give you a gift??? i find that so strange,i know people are finding it tough at the moment,but i dont think i could ever go to a wedding and not give the bride and groom a cash gift
Littlebo Posts: 2598
Auds80, Yes, of course, there will be many a person who doesn't give you a Card even!! Believe me! and some of them will suprise you! I am in the middle of writing the Thank You cards and so would love more suggestions please.
mrs2013 Posts: 213
REALLY? do some people attend weddings and not give a card i think that is terrible Im not too fussed about getting presets because i know ppl are struggling and times are hard for all of us but i would be very dissapointed if someone showed up at the wedding and didnt give a card. I think the card should have something like - thank you for sharing the most wonderful day of our lifes with us. We had a wonderful day and really appreciate you being part of our special day.
i was telling someone about this ye know people not given gifts and this girl told me that her friend got a blank card nothing in it and not signed so they had no idea who gave it...cheeky or what!
Thats really strange a blank card. Must have been a man :o0 I remember a friend of mine saying how surprised you will be with some peoples generousity and how stingy others are. She said her husband was disgused when a good friend of his gave them 5 euro in a card :eek
ElmosWife Posts: 348
At a few family weddings there has been a number of blank cards (no signature/gift) but it was easily found who these people were. One couple in particular have been to every wedding, they were one of the last to leave each wedding, made a big deal of handing the card over to the Best Men but nothing atal written in card with nothing enclosed. As neither myself or H2B are close to this couple we're not inviting them, not because of the card/gift but just because we dont want them there
[quote="elmosgirl":n5c4a71q]At a few family weddings there has been a number of blank cards (no signature/gift) but it was easily found who these people were. One couple in particular have been to every wedding, they were one of the last to leave each wedding, made a big deal of handing the card over to the Best Men but nothing atal written in card with nothing enclosed. As neither myself or H2B are close to this couple we're not inviting them, not because of the card/gift but just because we dont want them there[/quote:n5c4a71q] the cheek of them...omg would you ever do it :ooh