Wording for Thank You Cards

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Has anyone any ideas for the wording for Thank you cards. I'm thinking of ordering these cards... http://cgi.ebay.ie/20-Personalised-Pict ... 1|294%3A30 I'd like a nice verse to go beside the picture - I like the one that's shown on the example but need something more generic as will need to send them to people who didn't attend but did send gifts. Any ideas gratefully appreciated. Thanks a mill.
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
jsut making my thank you cards now and thinking the same thing.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I was actually just googling and found the following; This brings sincere thanks For the lovely gift you sent, We hope it helps to tell you Just how much it meant. Being remembered In such a nice way Means a lot more than Just "Thank you" can say! Of all the gifts, Love is the best. One thank you for the gift, And another for the thought. A dozen thank yous couldn't tell you All the happiness they brought. Please accept our sincere thanks and God's blessings for the lovely gift. Both the thought and the gift made us very happy. With sincere appriciation, we both send thanks to you for your very lovely gift and for your thoughtful wishes, too. A loving note can barely say all we felt that magic day. A heartfelt thanks is sent to you for your thoughtful gift and wishes, too. Just a note to thank you and a line to tell you, too, nothing was more welcomed than the lovely gift from you. Our lives are forever joined now And all our dreams have come true. We would like to take this time to really say Thank You!
spanishb2b Posts: 1261
Just an idea...but since they come in batches of 20 could you get two different cards done? One for those who did attend and one for those who didn't attend but sent a gift? There are a few thank you ideas here: [quote:1jz0zv6a]TY1 Our sincere thanks for all your good wishes and very lovely gift (Bride and Groom) TY3 (Bride and Groom) sincerely appreciate and thank you for your very lovely wedding gift. TY5 With sincere appreciation, we both send thanks to you for your very lovely gift and for your thoughtful wishes, too. (Bride and Groom) TY6 A loving note can barely say all we felt that magic day. A heartfelt thanks is sent to you for your thoughtful gift and wishes, too. (Bride and Groom) TY9 Thank you for enriching our happiness with your lovely wedding gift. (Bride and Groom) TY10 Thank you for joining us as we began our new life together. Your generosity and thoughtfulness were very much appreciated. (Bride and Groom) TY12 Thank you for adding to the joyful spirit of our wedding with your presence and lovely gift. (Bride and Groom) TY14 One thank you for the gift, and another for the thought. A dozen thank yous' couldn't tell you all the happiness they brought. (Bride and Groom) TY15 Please accept our sincere thanks and God's blessings for the lovely gift. Both the thought and the gift made us very happy. (Bride and Groom) TY19 Just a note to thank you and a line to tell you, too, nothing was more welcomed than the lovely gift from you. (Bride and Groom) TY36 Straight from our hearts this thank you is sent to tell you how much your thoughtfulness meant. (Bride and Groom) TY65 So from the tips of our boots to the tops of our hats we thank you for your present and your hearty "congrats!" (Bride and Groom) TY66 Just a card to thank you and a line to tell you too. Nothing could have been more welcome than that thoughtful gift from you. And as the years shall come and go your gift will give us pleasure And bring you back to us again in memories to treasure. TY67 Reading through this little verse will only take a minute But it would take all day to count Each "thank you" that is in it! (Bride and Groom) TY69 What words can ever tell the joy that we feel remembering that you shared the beginning of our new life together and thank you for your very thoughtful gift Both your presence and gift meant so much. (Bride and Groom) TY78 God's blessings upon you for your presence and your prayers. Our lives have been enriched by your gift and because you care. (Bride and Groom) TY79 For worshipping with us, for honouring us with your presence for your prayers, and for the beautiful gift you gave... we sincerely thank you. (Bride and Groom) [/quote:1jz0zv6a] I found these on this website: [url:1jz0zv6a]http://www.discount-invitations.com/verses.htm[/url:1jz0zv6a] HTH