Work.. Anybody else finding it hard.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Hi Girls.. Sorry its a bit long :-8 I was just wondering does anybody else find work really hard? I am only 7 weeks but I have been shattered for the last 2 weeks and this morning I got my first case of morning sickness :hic Which I was kind of happy about as its put my mind at ease :o0 but the real problem is I work in a very male environment and currently my boss(a guy also) is the only person I have told as I can no longer lift and drag etc but I know already I'm getting the: "Why isn't that girl pulling her weight" and "Why is that girl so tired and useless all the time" looks from colleages. I know when they find out they'll be more understanding but there will still be resentment for being "left off the hook" with stuff especially from the single lads.. anybody in a similar situation. I feel like after spending years of proving myself and my abilities that will no longer matter as I'm now pregnant! not that I'm going to left them ruin my excellent news, but its hard to deal with.
pricilla Posts: 1564
Being pregnant is one year out of your career, you will be giving them a lot more than that over the course of your employment, so don't be feeling guilty. Take it easy on yourself. I'm finding work hard, but mainly because I'm tired and I feel I have less tolerance with certain people. One guy in particular is really annoying me, he knows I am pregnant and is just such a fuss-pot, annoying me with stupid things all the time. Usually I'd just think it was funny, but now I feel like sticking the stapler up his hole.
I love it Pricilla!! Have more then one of those in here! I don't think I'm feeling guilty just annoyed about how I am being made feel like as if I should be feeling guilty, does that make sense?! :o0 :o0 Anyways thanks a million.
I love it Pricilla!! Have more then one of those in here! I don't think I'm feeling guilty just annoyed about how I am being made feel like as if I should be feeling guilty, does that make sense?! :o0 :o0 Anyways thanks a million.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
I had MS from 6 weeks to 16 weeks and by God they were a hard 10 weeks. I was lucky that i didnt suffer from this extreme tiredness some people seem to get but then i did make sure i was in bed for 10pm at the latest every night and am still doing so. I found it so diffiuclt in work because i had 24/7 nausea and felt miserable with it. I didnt take any time off cos i thought id need it more nearer the end of the pregnancy. Now im almost 31 weeks and feel great !!! I remember saying to my DH that if God forbid i lost the baby (this was early on) i would seriously consider getting pregnant again i felt that bad. :ooh So i understand how bad it is and you are probably facing weeks of it but it does go and you will feel better. Dont worry about the eejits in work concentrate on yourself and id be very sure in a few weeks you will have a lot more energy.
oirish Posts: 1541
I had to go home early today i'm just so sick and shattered. i'm sure the others on my team, while being really lovely about it are starting to get pissed off with me. In saying that it was my first week back after being off for 6 so i''m just completly drained now.
mellie me Posts: 192
i am the same, i kept pushing myself as no-one knew at work so i had to hide all my sickness but finally my body could not take anymore and i got tonsilitis on wednesday so had to take yesterday and today off, i told my boss and she totally understood, my doctors said i need to cut down my week but i dont know if thats and option, i dont want to let them down either but my contract is up in August and i honestly cant see them bringing me back cause it is just as easy bring someone else in on a similar contract - everyone says it will ease, i bloody hope so !
lou gav Posts: 508
I have been shattered for the last 2 months, I'm on my feet all day and it has really taken it out of me. I'm on a weeks hoildays and when I go back everyone will know so I woun't have to pretend anymore!!! I've actually requested to go part-time as we also have our own business and are buliding a house, so if we are to get into this house before child is born I need to spend more time getting things sorted!!! why does everything happen at once???? but hey time goes faster when you're busy :o0