Work chairs.....how do you get comfortable?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
The chairs here in work are so uncomfortable i find myself changing position every 10 mins sometimes i even sit with one leg under me which is more out of habit. Do any of you bring like a cushion to work or anything like that? Possibly the most stupidest question ever but i spend 5 out of 7 days in the god for saken place i need to be comfortable :o0 :o0 Any tips?
Twirl Posts: 5598
In general we should be provided with proper chairs in work but the reality is very different. Maybe try a hot water botttle to easy any aches or a firm cushion. I suffer with my back so i am dreading this and my chair as it us doesnt fit under my desk so im miles away from the desk as it is i can only imagine what it will be like with my bump. Can you talk to someone about getting you something more comfy to sit on?
rosiemama Posts: 3363
i used this http://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-wed ... illow.html godsend for both my pregnancies!
divingqueen Posts: 102
Foxylocks, five weeks pregnant and your already suffering?? You are going to have a long nine months! My back kicked in about 20 weeks, i have had the seating arrangement assessed and we are seeing how it goes, it I am still suffering they are going to get me a proper chair. Only advice I can give is sit right back into the chair, make sure the middle of your back is supported, and move everything on your desk so that it is in easy reach. Also take regular breaks, getting up and walking around sometimes helps me.
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Ah they were always uncomfortable even before i was pregnant but i'm noticing it more now....must bring in a cushion or something