Work colleagues

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shrub Posts: 956
Morning, How do you get on with your work mates? I work in an open plan office, there are quite a number of us here but the place is so quiet. I am lucky if i get a 'good morning' from them, everyone keeps their head down , theres not chat atall even at lunch time. O:| How do you guys get on with yours? :thnk
WonderWol Posts: 2927
There used to be 3 other girls here and we got on fab but they've left (can't keep staff here) we all still keep in touch and meet up regularly which is great ...... new girls here now and we get on fine but miss the craic I had with the others :o(
curliwurli Posts: 3369
everyone is grand here but i'm still the "new girl" and get left out a little bit - not malicously or on purpose i dont think but it's a lot quieter than the last place i worked which was great craic. having said that tho, the last job was a nightmare so don't think i'd swap it.
clucky Posts: 26471
i work in an office with 3 girls and a few lads - most of the staff here are lads out on the road in the office the lads are lovely and a great laugh - one of the girls is a dote but the other 2 girls are fairly new and seem to have real ambitous tendencies which involve sucking up like a good thing to the accountant (who is a prick) and one of them keeps buzzing my extension trying to tell me how to do my job fortunately the owners love me so i went to her yesterday as it was my worst day in here in a while i even had a little cry.- she was great and is going to have a word on my behalf today found out this morning though that the girl i get on with the best is looking for a new job so she will be deserting me same as that though the place is really quiet at breaks and lunches nobody talks to each other really and they all rush back to their desks after eating to surf the net
*bubblez* Posts: 1599
I got on well with the people I worked with until I was accused of having an affair with my assitant the week before I left to get married. there were nasty emails going around and really vicious rumours. Management didn't do anything about it so I'm looking for a new job.
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
There are only 3 people in the office I work in all guys (married before anyone says anything) I get on ok with them, Have some really good friends in other offices in the building
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote="crazy lady":26stmtel]I got on well with the people I worked with until I was accused of having an affair with my assitant the week before I left to get married. there were nasty emails going around and really vicious rumours. Management didn't do anything about it so I'm looking for a new job.[/quote:26stmtel] :eek :eek oh my goodness - all it takes is one biddy to start something like that how awful
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
[quote="Clucky":1bzdqtq1][quote="crazy lady":1bzdqtq1]I got on well with the people I worked with until I was accused of having an affair with my assitant the week before I left to get married. there were nasty emails going around and really vicious rumours. Management didn't do anything about it so I'm looking for a new job.[/quote:1bzdqtq1] :eek :eek oh my goodness - all it takes is one biddy to start something like that how awful[/quote:1bzdqtq1] Sorry to hear that - thats awful! Still new'ish here - mostly men same as last job but I don't seem to fit in as well here. They are all way too serious! Can't see myself doing more than the year, bad way to start a job I know !
AVENGER Posts: 4595
I'm in an office on my own so somedays I can make it to lunchtime without seeing a soul. However a great group of people work here and we always have a really good laugh over coffee, nights out etc.
over it Posts: 2779
I work in a small office - two other full time people and two part timers. I get on ok with everyone here but it's a strictly 9-5 relationship. I wouldn't consider them my friends (God that sounds horrible) they are my work colleagues. I used to work for one of the big Banks and made some lifetime friends there.