Work - doc & hospital appointments

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Miki Posts: 309
Well i had to tell work this week, ive spent most of the work day in the loo dry retching. This week every bloody symptom came with a bang, knew i spoke too soon. i just thought it was best to be honest. Did'nt really get much of a reaction, bad or good - i dont care anyway. My question is - no 1: do i need to ring my GP for a letter confirming that i am pregnant. And no 2: I am going private with Dr Julian Dockeray - what do i do about taking time off for scans and appointments with him. Will i get an appointment card that i have to produce in work as proof??
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
I think you are entitled to half a day for every appointment you have. I've no idea about producing the appointment card or what not though. How far are you gone Miki? Sorry to hear morning sickness has hit.
bellabella Posts: 2750
Hey Miki, Just wanted to let you know Julian is a great doctor.He is a good friend of my family.Good choice
Ivory Bride Posts: 111
You are entitled to take time off to attend your visits, it may not be a half day but you never get seen on time, check out the eumom website it will give you a list of everything you need to know for your employer. Congrats and best of luck.
Miki Posts: 309
I am only 8 going on 9 wks, very excited, have my first scan today two weeks, cant wait! Have heard nothing but good reports about Dr Dockeray, really puts my mind at ease since this is my first time and i am totally terrified!!
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
Your entitled to adequate time to get to your apt, be seen by whoever and return, so if your Obst is close by your not entitled to a half day. I travel nearly 50 miles and usually end up with the whole day off. Your employer can request proof of your apts and can also request two weeks notice of each apt. Check out your rights on www.oasis.gov