Work related q

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mumaholic Posts: 833
Hi girls, Just wondering where i might get info on the following... Im pregnant and work in a shop which has no toilet and no running water etc. Its literally just a shop!! We have a few other branches all with facilities. I've asked my boss to move me to one of these for the duration of my pregnancy but there's no move on him at all. Just trying to find out where i stand legally and what i am entitled to when preggers. Any help or insight appreciated :thnk
CestMoi Posts: 2162
As far as I know there should be a certain number of toilets for each 10 workers or something like that. We had to check it up a while back because there was no dedicated ladies toilet. I can't find it now for you, it either on www.employmentrights.ie or www.citizensinformation.ie. Maybe you should ring them. Either way pregnant or not, you should have the facility to go to the toilet. Find out what you can from the above and then confront him with it. HTH
Snotzer Posts: 361
O-O
joer Posts: 1617
I would think that they need to do a H&S assessment, and if they cant provide safe work environment, you can go on H&S leave till it's rectified, thats madness.