work & tiredness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
heya, I am 22 weeks today and over the last few days I have felt rediculously tired...it feels like the tiredness I had in the first trimester. I am taking an iron tablet. Is it normal at this stage? It is effecting my standard of work, I am making silly mistakes and forgetting to do things and after lunch I am like a walking zombie. Am sleeping okay at night but find it hard to get comfy at times. I was thinking i might need more iron. Is it normal at this stage, i thought this was the least tiredsome part of pregnancy. Work have already pulled one pregnant woman in this week(shes 32 wks) and told her shes not working to her same standard as usual(disgraceful i know)...I am just waiting for my turn...
milis Posts: 7998
How long are you sleeping at night? I would normally have needed 8 hours a night, before pregnancy. Since getting pregnant I'm useless on less than 10.
ive always been someone who needs lots of sleep and id sleep 24/7 even before i got pregnant. My sleep now though is very broken and i seem to wake up at around 5 every morning. Either to pee or I am really thirsty or as last night, I was getting alot of movement from baby. when i pull down my eye lids, they are really pale and i think thats a sign of low iron.... Am with my GP in two weeks for my checkup so will say it to him, might get my bloods checked again. My hubbie is complaining he never sees me anymroe, im litrally in from work, eat my dinner and then bed!
neeov Posts: 4256
Get your thyroid checked too, this can dip in pregnancy and cause you to be very tired. Nasty work giving out to pregnant women.
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi DH, I was floored with tiredness this past week as well, even though I've felt absolutely fine since about week 13. I was working from home on Friday and I had to have a lie down at about 11am, I couldn't keep my eyes open. I spent most of yesterday either in bed sleeping or on the couch dozing, I didn't even get dressed. I'm feeling a bit better today, but still tired.
hey juju, maybe its something in week 22....i have noticed there has been like an overnight growth in my belly so it could be due to a growth spurt. I fell asleep last night while lying on the couch at about half nine. The babies kicks are alot stronger now and im a light sleeper anyway so i have very broken sleep. Its fine at the weekend I can manage. It is just so hard with work. I work in a severely stressful job where my every move is being watched closely as is everyones...redundancies are lingering. I really need to pull my socks up as i know myself i am not working to the capacity i was pre pregnancy and i find myself making silly mistakes due to being so tired...they expect the same if not more from me at the moment. will talk to my gp anyway and see if he recommends more blood tests or for me to take more iron. thanks for the reply
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi DH, its funny you should say that about a growth spurt, my stomach has been killing me all weekend with pains that I assume are stretching pains. I had them a few weeks ago and a few days later a little bump had popped up. My bump is still quite small but I'll be expecting that to change again after how I've been feeling this weekend. I'm finding the baby kicks are stronger now as well, my DH was able to feel them the other night for the first time. Its so amazing! I feel for you and your work situation, esp with the threat of redundancies hanging over everyone. I know its little help to say to you that you and your baby's health come first, you still have to do what you have to do in work. Hopefully this tiredness will pass again and it will help you to stay focussed in work. But if you are struggling maybe have a chat to your boss, regardless of what else is going on, you are five months pregnant. You can't ignore the strain that that places on your whole system. Hope you feel better soon, juju
[quote="jujubeans":1mhvps3u]Hi DH, its funny you should say that about a growth spurt, my stomach has been killing me all weekend with pains that I assume are stretching pains. I had them a few weeks ago and a few days later a little bump had popped up. My bump is still quite small but I'll be expecting that to change again after how I've been feeling this weekend. I'm finding the baby kicks are stronger now as well, my DH was able to feel them the other night for the first time. Its so amazing! I feel for you and your work situation, esp with the threat of redundancies hanging over everyone. I know its little help to say to you that you and your baby's health come first, you still have to do what you have to do in work. Hopefully this tiredness will pass again and it will help you to stay focussed in work. But if you are struggling maybe have a chat to your boss, regardless of what else is going on, you are five months pregnant. You can't ignore the strain that that places on your whole system. Hope you feel better soon, juju[/quote:1mhvps3u] Thanks a mil Juju.I am trying to stay focused on what is important, the health of my baby and myself, its just hard as you say I still have to get on and do the work. Will have a chat with my gp anyway, might even take early maternity leave..will c. Thanks a mil, appreciate the advice I had pains all down my left handside during the week and ive defo grown in the last few days...its like from my belly button down is now sticking out and its really hard..its just gonna get bigger and bigger. kicks are much stronger and more frequent..my husband has also felt them...its such an amazing experience. anyway thanks again for the reply