worried - 23 weeks and still not showing

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wifey001 Posts: 170
Hi all I am 23 weeks tomorrow and am worried sick that I'm still not showing. I don't look any different from the day i found out we were expecting. Whenever I tell anyone I am 5 months pregnant they just look at me in shock and ask me how I can be when I have no bump at all! I don't feel any different either and am wondering if I have just made the whole thing up! Do you all think i should go to the doctors to check everything is ok? I know everyone is different but surely I should have a little bump by now?
Wife09 Posts: 873
Your worried so go to the doc, its not worth stressing yourself about. My sis didnt show till the last 2 months and same with a girl in work so Im sure everything is grand but if your head is wrecked go to the doc!!
CestMoi Posts: 2162
My mum tells me she was 6 months gone at her brothers wedding and she wasn't showing, one aunt even told her she was looking well and had lost weight. They didn't know she was pregnant. Unlike me I'd say I could be showing very early, if the bloating is anything to go by. But if you are worried, there is no harm in asking the doctor.
happymum2b Posts: 186
Hi wifey001, I was the very same - thought I'd never get a bump. People used to be very surprised I was even pregnant!! When I was 6 months I really only had a small bump but the baby was measuring spot on. Have a bump now though!! Hopefully it won't be too long more for you! *)
fifibelle Posts: 4447
I was totally the same as you and at 23 and a half weeks my bump seemed to arrive overnight :eek Bump is quite uncomfortable and I am now longing for the days when I didnt look PG! :o0
wifey001 Posts: 170
Thanks for your reply girls,you have made me feel much better! I have never been measured so not sure if I'm right or wrong for my dates so might nip to the midwife to ask her to check anyway. I feel guilty about bothering her but I guess she is used to it!
fifibelle Posts: 4447
[quote="wifey001":1ty0sm16]Thanks for your reply girls,you have made me feel much better! I have never been measured so not sure if I'm right or wrong for my dates so might nip to the midwife to ask her to check anyway. I feel guilty about bothering her but I guess she is used to it![/quote:1ty0sm16] Wifey its quite easy to measure yourself, if you have a tape measure you measure from your fundus pubis (pubic bone) to the top of your tummy (just below your breasts) and the amount of inches should equal to your weeks!!!