I know this has probably been posted before, but I've also seen posts recently from brides-to-be panicking about getting a cold sore for the wedding.. well if you haven't heard already about Lysine here's some info. My H2B has used it and found it fantastic. You can get it in health food stores and they should be able to advise how to take it. Hope this helps! "Many people have reported that taking the amino acid L-lysine has prevented or lessened the duration of their cold sores. Apparently, the herpes virus uses another amino acid, arginine, to grow and replicate while lysine inhibits the virus' ability to replicate itself. Foods containing chocolate, peanuts and other nuts, grains, peas, seeds, oatmeal and whole-wheat products should be cut out or reduced from the diet. These foods are high in arginine. If you get sores frequently take 1,500 to 3,000 mg. Lysine daily as a preventive measure. When you feel a sore coming on, take 3,000 mg daily until the sore crusts over. Experiment with the dosage until you find one that inhibits recurrence by reducing the amount until you find the optimal maintenance dosage, perhaps to 300-600 mg. Lysine may also be applied topically to the sores. If you get a cold sore, taking lysine should shorten the time you have it considerably, generally within five days. Consult your medical practitioner regarding your intake of lysine, especially if you are pregnant or nursing. No amino acid in large doses should be taken for long periods of time. Take the lysine between meals, preferably on an empty stomach."