Worried about hubbie

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Beibhinn Posts: 51
Hi all, We've been ttc for 14 months now, we are in the process of getting tests done. I've all my bloods etc and my hubbie gave a sample. The thing is my hubbie was talking to one of his friends who cannot of children and now hubbie is extremely worried what if he can't. He said he doesnt want to fail. He was so upset last night. Everything I said was coming out arse ways. I just dont know what to do or say. We will know on the 19th Dec the results of everything. Would really appreicate some suggestions. Thanks.
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
hi well i think your being great support to him. it must be hard at times keeping positive but please do. all i can say is wait until the tests come back because until then you really dont know what answers the docs are going to give you. as my mam says cross that bridge when you come to it. once both of you's are there to support eachother. i hope this helps as its all i can think of doing, just a waiting game, wish you the best of luck let us know how you get on :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust:
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Hey, sorry you're going through such a rough time. Can't advise much except to say your doing all you can by being there for him. All you can do is wait and see what the tests say, the difficulties might lie with one or both of you, but its so common now that neither you or hubbie should feel bad. There are so may ways to get round any difficulties now (my own family history of concieving isn't great), you need to make sure that even if the problem is with him, he doesn't think he's 'a failure'. I hope everything works out for you.
sally Posts: 1140
I dont really know what to say to help your hubby.... I guess all you can do is support him and listen and be strong for each other until you get your test results. I just want to wish you all the very best and hope there is a simple reason why it isnt happening for ye and it will be easy to fix. Just as a word of encouragement.... friends of mine are 6 months pregnant after three years of trying.... they thought it would never happen and it did.... so try and stay positive. Fingers crossed for you both.