Worried about paying for wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Boulevard Posts: 995
We have been paying things as we go along, and are also very lucky to have fantastic friends and family who have got us presents of our cake, my dress, the car, the church music, the flowers and the photographer!! They have been amazing.. :o)ll We have about 12'000 euro's left to pay off in the run up, 8-9'000 of which is payable on the day. We will be going home for the wedding with about 3'500 in our pockets. H2B thinks we will get a lot of money from our guests, and wants to pay whatever is left on the day onto our credit card as we have quite a good limit. This makes me panic a little bit sometimes. What do you think? Is anyone else doing anything remotely like this? Hmmm.. :-8
fifi28 Posts: 481
if your going to have 3500 in your pockets coming home from wedding why not pay this off ur credit card before the wedding so its in credit :-8
milis Posts: 7998
[quote="Boulevard":1ekalked]We will be going home for the wedding with about 3'500 in our pockets.[/quote:1ekalked] I don't know what you mean by this..., do you mean in cash presents? A reckon put it on the card. And if you're really stuck then and can't pay it back on time take out a credit union loan to pay off the credit card. How'd you get a limit that high? I asked to have mine increased to 7000 and after much faffing about they told me 4500 was the most they could give us ;o(
jen0808 Posts: 1076
Do you mean you are traveling TO your wedding with 3.5k and a bill of 8-9k to pay? Sorry I have my dumb head on tonight!
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
If I have it right, and you're going to your wedding with 3.5K when you have 9K of bills to pay, you're taking a massive chance. Can you really count on raising almost 6K from your cash cows, sorry, guests? Plus you'll be like a pair of tinkers rooting through your presents as soon as you have them to pay the bills.
contented Posts: 2625
[quote="lets go fly a kite":y62ukdwr]If I have it right, and you're going to your wedding with 3.5K when you have 9K of bills to pay, you're taking a massive chance. Can you really count on raising almost 6K from your cash cows, sorry, guests? Plus you'll be like a pair of tinkers rooting through your presents as soon as you have them to pay the bills.[/quote:y62ukdwr] that comment is just disgusting Boulevard - dont worry I went through the same dilemma before our wedding and everything worked out fine. PM me if you want some advise as i dont think this forum is the right place anymore for getting sincere advise
[quote="contented":3vdc40fb][quote="lets go fly a kite":3vdc40fb]If I have it right, and you're going to your wedding with 3.5K when you have 9K of bills to pay, you're taking a massive chance. Can you really count on raising almost 6K from your cash cows, sorry, guests? Plus you'll be like a pair of tinkers rooting through your presents as soon as you have them to pay the bills.[/quote:3vdc40fb] that comment is just disgusting Boulevard - dont worry I went through the same dilemma before our wedding and everything worked out fine. PM me if you want some advise as i dont think this forum is the right place anymore for getting sincere advise[/quote:3vdc40fb] contented, I'm getting tired of you posting disparaging remarks after everything I post. Sincere advi[b:3vdc40fb]c[/b:3vdc40fb]e does actually include opinions you might not like or agree with. I happen to think that relying on guests to pay bills that have to be settled on the day is unseemly. The OP asked for opinions on a public forum. She did not ask for meaningless assurances via cosy pms. Do you think advising her to attend her own wedding with a 5K shortfall is helpful? It's not.
[quote="lets go fly a kite":1lndl57o][quote="contented":1lndl57o][quote="lets go fly a kite":1lndl57o]If I have it right, and you're going to your wedding with 3.5K when you have 9K of bills to pay, you're taking a massive chance. Can you really count on raising almost 6K from your cash cows, sorry, guests? Plus you'll be like a pair of tinkers rooting through your presents as soon as you have them to pay the bills.[/quote:1lndl57o] that comment is just disgusting Boulevard - dont worry I went through the same dilemma before our wedding and everything worked out fine. PM me if you want some advise as i dont think this forum is the right place anymore for getting sincere advise[/quote:1lndl57o] contented, I'm getting tired of you posting disparaging remarks after everything I post. Sincere advi[b:1lndl57o]c[/b:1lndl57o]e does actually include opinions you might not like or agree with. I happen to think that relying on guests to pay bills that have to be settled on the day is unseemly. The OP asked for opinions on a public forum. She did not ask for meaningless assurances via cosy pms. Do you think advising her to attend her own wedding with a 5K shortfall is helpful? It's not.[/quote:1lndl57o] Meaningless assurances via cosy pm's - really ??
[quote="contented":1tp4y0l3][quote="lets go fly a kite":1tp4y0l3][quote="contented":1tp4y0l3][quote="lets go fly a kite":1tp4y0l3]If I have it right, and you're going to your wedding with 3.5K when you have 9K of bills to pay, you're taking a massive chance. Can you really count on raising almost 6K from your cash cows, sorry, guests? Plus you'll be like a pair of tinkers rooting through your presents as soon as you have them to pay the bills.[/quote:1tp4y0l3] that comment is just disgusting Boulevard - dont worry I went through the same dilemma before our wedding and everything worked out fine. PM me if you want some advise as i dont think this forum is the right place anymore for getting sincere advise[/quote:1tp4y0l3] contented, I'm getting tired of you posting disparaging remarks after everything I post. Sincere advi[b:1tp4y0l3]c[/b:1tp4y0l3]e does actually include opinions you might not like or agree with. I happen to think that relying on guests to pay bills that have to be settled on the day is unseemly. The OP asked for opinions on a public forum. She did not ask for meaningless assurances via cosy pms. Do you think advising her to attend her own wedding with a 5K shortfall is helpful? It's not.[/quote:1tp4y0l3] [b:1tp4y0l3] Meaningless assurances via cosy pm's - really ??[/b:1tp4y0l3] [/quote:1tp4y0l3] Could you explain yourself a little better? I don't understand the highlighted sentence.
lets forget it we disagree game over OP - the offer still stands if you want to PM me :wv :wv :wv