worried about saving IMF !!! DEC BUDGET

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

volvic2010 Posts: 50
Morning Wollies, Anyone else worried about saving with all the very negative budget talk ? We are very tight @ the minute every penny counted. Our savings plan all going well should have 17k needed come Sep O-O , but that was before all this IMF mess. While we both have secure jobs @ the minute god knows whats going to happen new year if one of us becomes unemployed we'll be keeping our saving & getting married in a much much smaller way. Also with the budget I've visions of us been down aroung 80E a week between us thats not counting property tax water charges and everything else. Thats a lot of money for us at the minute we are saving so hard. Im just worried nxt year things are going to be so bad and were going to feel like idiots for spending our hard earned cash on the wedding. With all the uncertainty @ the minute were thinking we might hold off. We both don't want this we want to get married Sep :xxx Don't know @ the minute !!! Any other wollies feeling the same or am I just a drama queen :o0
Sweet as pie Posts: 376
Ya i know how you feel, we are trying not to think of it too much we are trying to put a bit extra aside every week that wont be used for the wedding and trying to get everything as cheap as poss for the wedding itself. I think most people are in the same boat and even if they are not they prob are stressing out anyway because of all the talk about it on the tv
It is stressful! You cant worry cause what will happen will happen regardless!!!. Its just so terrifying If either of us lose a job or we have to take big cuts we wont have a choice the wedding will have to be cut cut cut >:o( U try 2 be positve but its just so doom & gloom :duh:
realta Posts: 820
i was seriously stressed over the last week too, to the point of where we were going to change our plans for the big day. even emailed the hotel to ask them would it be an option. to be honest we've decided to stick to what we've arranged and if at the end of january- 6 months before our wedding- if things are that bad we will change our plans. But as someone on one of my freak-out :-8 posts said- in years from now you don't want to have any regrets over your wedding day. you're more likely to regret the things you don't do, because you'd always wonder what if i've taken a leaf from some very sensible wollies's book and have decided not to give the bad stuff any more of my time and energy i've got that 80's song- "the only way is up" in my head :)
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="realta":2tbp46d0]i was seriously stressed over the last week too, to the point of where we were going to change our plans for the big day. even emailed the hotel to ask them would it be an option. to be honest we've decided to stick to what we've arranged and if at the end of january- 6 months before our wedding- if things are that bad we will change our plans. But as someone on one of my freak-out :-8 posts said- in years from now you don't want to have any regrets over your wedding day. you're more likely to regret the things you don't do, because you'd always wonder what if i've taken a leaf from some very sensible wollies's book and have decided not to give the bad stuff any more of my time and energy i've got that 80's song- "the only way is up" in my head :)[/quote:2tbp46d0] Love it :wv :wv :wv
realta Posts: 820
all thanks to you Mrs PR!!!! :wv :thnk
Bellisima Posts: 3583
[quote="realta":1p3r2ik4]all thanks to you Mrs PR!!!! :wv :thnk[/quote:1p3r2ik4] I just think its so important that this is a happy, exciting time - there's enough stress in life without allowing your wedding to cause you stress. Glad you've got a more positive mindframe :thnk
lavendergirl Posts: 478
Hey god im having a total freak out the last few days about money :eek :eek :eek dont know how we will do it all - h2b is on a 3 day week reduced money, no perks tried on some dresses yesterday , and couldnt even enjoy it as was freakin so much!!! just cut up my credit card, and am not going near any more shops for 6 months ( other than bridal of course) did our budget down to last detail and its currently over 20,000 :eek :eek so h2b gonna get a shock tomorrow when we are gonna sit down and look at it all again!!! also planning our household budget down to last cent, fun times ahead!!!!! feels mad to be spending so much on one day, when we have so many plans for our future oh well hope i calm down soon :hyper:
we have 2 stay positive lovin the 80s song :o)ll only way is up :o0
happyfamily Posts: 3323
I'm all too aware of the budget and all that but honestly i'm so happy and excited to be getting married! I'm a sensible person with money anyway but i know what i want my wedding day to be like and i'm not going to change that. I'm shopping around looking for bargains and i'm not afraid to haggle but i refuse to let the fecking government take the shine off of my big day! We both work so hard and it's the right time for us to get married so we've chatted about it and decided that we're still going to have our big wedding with all our family and friends. The one concession we've made it to decide to have a small minimoon city break for 3 nights instead of the 3 week exotic holiday we imagined. We will see what our budget is like after the wedding anld we can start saving again and maybe we'll so our big holiday 6 months or a year later. Or maybe we never will but honestly i don't care so much about that. We'll be happy with just a few days off work to spend with each other >:o) But the wedding day is going full steam ahead :o)ll I'm so glad my H2B feels the same way as me. It's so tempting to change everything "just in case" but we won't get to do this a second time and i'll be damned if i see my friends having wonderful weddings in a few years time and feel cheated that i didn't have the same.