18th May 2011 11:56Hi there, Just looking for some advice girls. Found out yesterday evening that our venue has had a petition to wind down the company lodged to the high court and I'm freaking out a little. Court case being heard next week. OH tried ringing the venue to see what the story is but manager/owner wasn't there. This was last night. OH was going to ring or head over there this morning, I'll have to wait until my lunchbreak to ring him. I'm upset, but at the same time, I just would like to know what the situation is so that we can start to look at alternative options. Only thing is, we have a bit of time, as not getting married until the end of October. But this was the perfect venue, numbers wise, money wise, everything! I'd been starting to get really excited about everything, and now it might happen that we have to get another venue. I know in the grand scheme of things, its not the worst thing that could happen, but its still crap. We paid our deposit on the credit card so this shouldn't be a worry. Just wondering if anyone has any advice or if ye've been in this situation before? Thanks a mill.