Worried - Need Advise

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gemggem Posts: 270
I'm really trying not to worry but its can't help it. We went for a private analomy scan last tues at 25wks just for pure peace of mind as they weren't scanning low risk patients in the hospital ( going public), came out of the scan thinking everything was fine and normal, even had a giggle cause the baby wouldn't move so we cud find out the gender. Came home from work this evening to a letter from the Consultant where we got the scan done saying that while all the readings were normal on the scan, the sonographer had one minor concern and so the consultant wants to rescan tomoro afternoon in the hospital. Too late to ring the office to see what a minor concern was, letter was so vague that its hard to figure out what concern they have. There's all sorts for things running through my mind at the moment, DH is trying to keep me calm but between a mild case of insomnia and high blood pressure its proving difficult. Has anyone had a similar experience???
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
hi there, i'm afraid i havent' had any experience of this but i'm sure things will be fine so try not to worry cos that won't do you or baby any good. Have my fingers crossed for you hun & think positive :action32
significantother Posts: 123
Hi Gemgem, You poor thing. Its a shot in the dark but maybe they want to rescan so they can find out gender? I went to a private scan centre here in Limerick at 5+4 weeks- was sent by doc as he thought it was ectopic pregnancy. Anyhow, at the time, sonographer could only see pregnancy sac and no foetal pole (perfectly normal at that early stage apparently). Paid for the scan but he suggested we go back again in a few weeks- went back and all was fine and they did not charge us because they felt the first scan was 'inconclusive'. Thought it was very good of them- because they charge such big fees they seem to really want to follow things through and make sure you are getting what you paid for
rubymoon Posts: 756
Hi no it hasn't happened to me but I'm sure its just a small thing and they have to be so careful these days. Its probably just a precautionary measure. Try not worry too much I know that is easy for me to say but I'll be thinking of you and at least you don't have to wait too long to go in x :xox
mamabyrne Posts: 19
Hope ur ok gemggem, and hope u get some sleep tonight. I would imagine if it was anything too serious they would have told ya there and then? Please let us no how ya get on x
dea aveta Posts: 254
I can relate to how you are feeling right now. Here is my experience: I had to get a repeat anomaly scan because one small element of the first scan was inconclusive. I freaked myself out and was convinced something was wrong. When I went back in , everything could be seen and baby was perfect . From what I gather, the consultants review/ sign off the sonographers reports and if they feel something isn't 100% conclusive they will repeat that element of the scan. That has been my experience( mount Carmel). There is a very diligent process in place for these type of scans. Also, It has been my personal experience outside of pregnancy that you NEVER get bad medical news by post. It is always in person or a phone call . I hope this helps reassure you in some way and wish you a healthy and happy time for the rest of your pregnancy.
Chica1 Posts: 793
gemgem, easy for me to say but try not to worry 'til you find out more. Haven't had the same experience as you but didn't want to read and not reply. Best of luck.
gemggem Posts: 270
Thank you so much for all the replies, know I'm prob freaking myself out of nothing or something very small. Dea aveta, thanks for letting me know how you got on, its kinda re assured me a bit, just want it to be 3.30 so we'll know whats going on. We didn't really need to know the gender, went for the scan to make sure all was well with the little munchkin!!!!
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
Good luck today I'm sure everything will be just fine xox
zilla2010 Posts: 415
Good luck today gemgem, i'm sure all will be fine with your little one