Worried sick - mrsa

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ettienne Posts: 139
Hi all, I'm sitting here terrified and was wondering if anyone has any experience of this. My uncle is in hospital and I went to visit him last night, I hugged and kissed him on the cheek and brought home his clothes to wash and give to my brother to bring back to the hosp this eve. When my brother arrived at the hosp my uncle was in a seperate room and he had to wear protective clothing as it was discovered today that my uncle has mrsa for at least the past week (ie when the swaps were taken) I'm 6 weeks pregnant and so worried that I may have not been careful enough last night as I didn't know, and i have no idea what if any effects it may have on my baby if the worst happened and I caught it. I'm calling my doctor first thing in the morning but I'm so worried there is not a chance I'll sleep. :o( :o( :o(
babyforus Posts: 1619
Please do try to relax and get some sleep. Chat to your doctor in the morning. Don't worry, it'll be ok.
sparklybabe Posts: 3353
oh i wouldnt give this a second thought hun. a lot of perfectly healthy people carry mrsa in their nose you might do normally for eg. its only a problem if you have an open would or your v sick. and seeing as your neither dont worry bout this
Babylou Posts: 724
[quote="sparklybabe":328dau3z]oh i wouldnt give this a second thought hun. a lot of perfectly healthy people carry mrsa in their nose you might do normally for eg. its only a problem if you have an open would or your v sick. and seeing as your neither dont worry bout this[/quote:328dau3z] Good advice.... see your GP if you need to put your mind at rest but wouldn't worry
Ettienne Posts: 139
Thanks girls, I was so worried last night, called my doctor this morning and she said there is very little chance I could have caught it and not to worry and she'd discuss it in detail with me tomorrow when I go in to confirm pregnancy etc. It's amazing how attached you get to the little bean from the moment you find out it's there, and how protective I am of it! Thanks again for the reassurance and hopefully all will be grand. :thnk
Silini2 Posts: 3834
My dad died in 2007 after a long illness. He had MRSA as well as he was in and out of hosp so much. I did lots of his care etc and hugging etc etc as he was so ill. I remember asking my friend who's a GP at the time and she said v unlikely i'd get it and that anyway there was lots of MRSA in the general community. I never got it anyway. S