worried...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Beaubelle Posts: 741
Hi girls, I know I may be just paranoid, but I am really worried tonight. I should be 9 weeks and 2 days along now, and had a scan a week ago which was fine, but for some stupid reason I decided to do a HPT this evening and the line was fainter than it had been previously. I'm just getting so worried that I'm having a missed m/c. Mentioned it to DH and he thinks I'm worrying over nothing, but I just can't help it. This along with the fact that I have no real sickness since week 6, not particularly tired and boobs are no bigger and not really tender is making me really scared. I just feel like bursting into tears... I wish I hadn't done the stupid test.. :o(
ellee Posts: 666
ok calm woman, deep breath and don't worry, freaking out is a normal part of pregnancy *) I'd no morning sickness at all My boobs were a little sore initially, but easd off v quickly. They never got any bigger and baby is due WED for [email protected]'s sake. Am v disappointed in the boob stakes defo :o0 Never had that mad exhaustion you hear people talking about either. So, VERY unlikely there is anything wrong. But if you're worried , CALL the hospital. That is what they're there for. hth *)
Lady Mama Posts: 162
I'm sure all is absolutely fine, I was like this at times during early pregnancy and had myself convinced that something would go wrong, think it's completely normal to feel like this. I had a miscarraige a few years back which had me a nervous wreck. Worrying isnt good for you or your lil bean so just try and stay positive, the test probably isnt accurate as you're further along. If you're still worried have a chat with your gp during the week or ring your hospital tomorrow. I'm sure all's fine.
Lady Mama Posts: 162
I'm sure all is absolutely fine, I was like this at times during early pregnancy and had myself convinced that something would go wrong, think it's completely normal to feel like this. I had a miscarraige a few years back which had me a nervous wreck. Worrying isnt good for you or your lil bean so just try and stay positive, the test probably isnt accurate as you're further along. If you're still worried have a chat with your gp during the week or ring your hospital tomorrow. I'm sure all's fine.
Beaubelle Posts: 741
thanks girls, it all looks a little bit better after a night's sleep! I know I'm probably being paranoid. I just want this little baby so badly, but unfortunately, I'm an eternal pessimist, so my imagination runs wild with all the bad things that could happen. Tested again this morning and it was fine. Thanks again for your replies. It's nice to know you can have a bit of a rant and someone, somewhere has felt the same as you at some point :lvs
babyluck Posts: 764
hey dont worry! hormone levels change and the placenta starts to take over and the HcG levels that the HPT looks for levels off and progesterone takes over - not a medic just from what I have learnt over the time. I was very like you - and still no symptoms so no hints that things were progressing along! had and early mc in dec so was extra nervous like you and also had a scan at 9 weeks so in summary! no more tests! but call the hospital and get them to tell you the facts! HTH