WORRIED

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
Hi guys, this is my first time to post in P&B as i only got my BFP last Tuesday. My cycle seemed very long this time and i had been getting very strong stomach cramps long before my AF was due, on CD 48 (11 june) i went to doc and had blood tests done to see all was ok and got a BFN (1 of many before that) , so 2 weeks later i got my BFP on the cb digital blue which said 2 - 3 wks. So my doctor is saying im 9 weeks when really im only roughly 5 weeks. Edited to say my last AF was 25 april ! My question is ive been getting alot of pain in my left side, feels like my left ovary and pulling/ tugging across my stomach and also lower back pain. Is this normal to have very strong pains? Has any of you ecpierenced this and had a positive outcome. Should I be extremely worried, i am, but not sure weather i should go to my doctor and demand an early scan. Any advice is welcome girls i know your not doctors but you'v all been here.
Idina Posts: 1289
I did, I had very bad pains in early pregnancy and because I was spotting too they thought it was ectopic but i was sent to the EPU and thank God all was ok. I would go to the GP and get it checked to be honest as it may be a kidney infection! (BTW I'm 38 weeks now)
[quote="Idina":117qfhyy]I did, I had very bad pains in early pregnancy and because I was spotting too they thought it was ectopic but i was sent to the EPU and thank God all was ok. I would go to the GP and get it checked to be honest as it may be a kidney infection! (BTW I'm 38 weeks now)[/quote:117qfhyy] thanks idina, thats good news congrats, i didnt sleep at all last nite worrying TBH im afraid it will be ectopic. think ill ring my doc and ask to speak to her , for peace of mind, im at work at the mo.
wifin Posts: 4761
Hi Mrs D First of all....congratulations! :lvs The CB digital refers to time since conception which was 2-3 weeks ago so you would be about 5 weeks now as you thought. However, doctors (until the first scan) go by the last menstrual period so that's where he is coming up with the 9 weeks from. This will be re-adjusted to your correct dates when you have a dating scan and they can tell that the foetus is only x amount of weeks as opposed to the weeks that they think. Re the stretching pains, I had the worst "period" pains I have ever had just before I got my BFP. Those pains can continue the whole way through the first trimester as the uterus stretches and everything else makes room. It's not only the uterus stretching, it's also the muscles and ligaments moving too (a chemical called relaxin is released in pregnancy which causes this). If you are getting pains higher up than that or back pain, maybe just pop into the GP for reassurance x The cramps you were experiencing ahead of your doctors visit could have been strong ovulations pains x Congratulations again and welcome to the world of worry that is pregnancy :o0 :lvs P.S. There would be no point in getting a scan this early as you wouldn't see anything x
Martiespride Posts: 997
would you be able and to phone your midwife? if you ring your hospital and ask to speak to a midwife, you should be able to chat to someone who is in the know.. it will put your mind at ease. i remember when i was pregnant with my little one, i rang once or twice to speak to someone, they dont mind. just tell them you are really worried and they will help you. i hope thats a help :action32
Thanks wifin, well i tell ya if this was my AF i would of been dosing myself with neurofen plus with the darts of pain ive been getting like daggers, not prolonged but major darts, ill ring my doc i think anyways for peace of mind.
Thanks guys i dpoke to my doc and she is faxing me a letter and has told me to go up to gyn ward at the hospital for an internal scan just to make sure everything is ok ! and to go up in the afternoon, please good let everything be ok :weep
Luke Posts: 351
Good luck in the scan Mrs Diamond, hopf everything is ok & the pains are pregnancy pains
chrystal Posts: 863
Just spotted this thread and want to wish you well with the scan and wish every congratulations on your BFP. Hope all is ok and that you have a very healthy and happy pregnancy. :baby3:
theoracle Posts: 7664
Good luck. It is hard to know what to expect on your first and it is better to be safe than sorry, I hope all goes well for you.