Worried

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
Hi girls, I just found out I'm pregnant. It's a fantastic surprise but totally unplanned. The thing is, I'm afraid I have harmed the baby. I have been drinking tea, coffee and coke like there is no tomorrow. I've also got plastered at a hen and 30th the last two weekends. I've also taken loads of multi-vitamins. I'm sure I've done loads more wrong, but as I don't know the first thing about pregnancy, so I'm unaware of what I should or shouldn't be doing. I just really hope I haven't harmed the poor little mite.
jen2 Posts: 3106
Honey dont worry about a thing. Now that you know you are pregnant (congratulations), just cut down on the tea and cofee drinking. You dont have to cut them out altogeather. With regards the drinking, lots of women have done this. On my last pregnancy, I had been on the lash, the weekend before I found out. My son was/ is perfect. Also start taking your folic acid now. Thats all the advice I have. I really would not worry. Congrats again. Jen2
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
first off congratulations :o)ll :o)ll [img:30eoq3it]http://www.tkstoystand.com/IMAGE1/A_SUZYS_ZOO_B/sz_sc_baby_pregnant_bunny_6155_i.jpg[/img:30eoq3it] secondly relax give up the drink lots of our parents drank without knowing they were pregnant and we turned out ok take the folic acid eat well rest and most importantly [size=200:30eoq3it]ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size:30eoq3it] :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll CONGRATS :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Huge congrats... Everything Jen said is true....relax. We have all done it as did our mothers before us. Your little dot doesn't have much of a blood supply yet and wouldn't have been absorbing much of anything really. Make your body your temple from now on like we have all done....isn't that right girls? (ahem :-8 )
jen2 Posts: 3106
Nantes I agree totally, our body is now a temple. Actually I now have the body of a god. Jen2
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Honey that's brilliant news! :o)ll Don't worry about the booze - it's too early for that to affect the baby. You'll just have to stop now so it's as well you had a few last sessions! And you just have to reduce tea and coffee, not cut them out. Get on the folic acid and start drinking fizzy water instead of coke! Hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months!
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
Thanks a million girls, ye have helped put my mind at ease. No more drink, tea or coke for the next while for me. I'd just feel so guilty, with the amount I drank over the past while. Thanks for the tip on the folic acid, I didn't realise you had to take it now :-8 . I thought you took it before you got pregnant. I have an awful lot to learn!!!!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Congrats Honey ! Buy yourself a book also, I got the Irish Pregnancy Guide, but a lot of people here suggest the what to expect when expecting also. xx
NotHere Posts: 10273
Oh wow! Congrats Honey!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Don't worry too much, just keep yourself relaxed from now on and enjoy! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!! :o)ll :o)ll
NotHere Posts: 10273
P.S. How far along are you?