Worried, trip to Galway :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mummy2012 Posts: 29
We're going to Galway in a few weeks, I will be 16 weeks pregnant. I was saying to DH I'm worried in case anything goes wrong, I'm after reading about what happened to savita in the report and the hospital doesn't sound safe. What if something happens when we're there, will I be safe? DH says we don't have to go, I don't know what to do. O:|
gopro Posts: 1801
you'd be safer in that hospital than others at the mo cause things will be so strict
piscesprincess Posts: 481
[quote="yonex":3iupk6q2]you'd be safer in that hospital than others at the mo cause things will be so strict[/quote:3iupk6q2] +1 to this. I reckon they will be triple checking everything.
Snoopee Posts: 25
Sorry to break it to you...but things like that can happen anywhere in any hospital in the country. As the other posters said..Galway is probably the safest hospital at the moment because of it.
Donnachain Posts: 202
Galway is an excellent hospital and the maternity ward is very good they really are great over there. As the girls said it can happen anywhere.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I hope this doesn't come across as b1tchy as I really don' mean it to be but I think that you are being completely hysterical. You are going to Galway not outer Mongolia. The chances are that absolutely nothing will happen while you are there but if it does you will be as safe there as anywhere.
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
While I can undertand your concern re being pregnant, I think you might be overworring. Im due in October and will be attending the hospital and I havent given it a second thought. What happened to Savita was horrendous and tragic, but thousands of other women attend the hospital each year for their preganancies and everything is fine. Dont give it a second thought, enjoy your trip to Galway
Snoopee Posts: 25
[quote="ReginaFalange":28delc3e]I hope this doesn't come across as b1tchy as I really don' mean it to be but I think that you are being completely hysterical. You are going to Galway not outer Mongolia. The chances are that absolutely nothing will happen while you are there but if it does you will be as safe there as anywhere.[/quote:28delc3e] :o0 :o0 :o0 Regina...my original reponse that I'd written was along the same lines.... thought I should PC it a bit!
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="Snoopee":28usw8mg][quote="ReginaFalange":28usw8mg]I hope this doesn't come across as b1tchy as I really don' mean it to be but I think that you are being completely hysterical. You are going to Galway not outer Mongolia. The chances are that absolutely nothing will happen while you are there but if it does you will be as safe there as anywhere.[/quote:28usw8mg] :o0 :o0 :o0 Regina...my original reponse that I'd written was along the same lines.... thought I should PC it a bit![/quote:28usw8mg] :-8 :-8 Sorry.....
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
[quote="ReginaFalange":10y8cnky]I hope this doesn't come across as b1tchy as I really don' mean it to be but I think that you are being completely hysterical. You are going to Galway not outer Mongolia. The chances are that absolutely nothing will happen while you are there but if it does you will be as safe there as anywhere.[/quote:10y8cnky] I have to agree on this one :-8