Worrying... a wee rant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

walkingwollie Posts: 3344
Hi ladies I am nearing the 12 week mark and have a scan on Friday. Everything seems to be going fine, except for the fact that I can't stop worrying about the scan. I can't even let myself think about it. I think I'm afraid because I had some early bleeding at 6 weeks and have had some brownish discharge on and off since. I have NO reason to be pessimistic, but at the back of my mind, there's a little nagging feeling that something will go wrong. This is even though I had an EPU scan and saw the heartbeat... and ANOTHER healthy scan at 7 weeks + 2 days that I'd booked before the EPU one... AND have heard hb at home with doppler. I'm really not used to being such a scared, anxious person and am beginning to wonder what will calm me down. Anyone else felt like this? Just want to hit the fast forward button!! O:| O:| O:| Any suggestions? Thanks for listening :thnk
Martiespride Posts: 997
I was told by my gp that before i got pregnant that you worry you wont get pregnant and then when you do you spend 9 months worrying something will go wrong and then the rest of your life worrying about your child.... i think its part of it all. i suppose you just have to tell yourself that its out of your control and worrying wont help you in anyway. dont know what else to say to help you.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
Have to agree with the above poster, you will continue to worry, Im now saying I'll calm down when Ive babs safe in my arms but people tell me pregnancy is only the start of the worrying because you will always worry about your child!!
Scary, isn't it? I always wanted to be a chilled out mam, but looks like it isn't to be! :-8 Doesn't help that I have a memory that's spongelike for absolutely anything that sounds vaguely scientific.. I work in a health care with kids with special needs, and since I got pg I can't get over just how blase I was in the past when I read referrals or took case histories and found out that x or y had happened pre-natally or during birth.. I guess that it doesn't mean anything to you before you're actually seriously contemplating motherhood for real. Now I'm just horrified. I've been avoiding anything negative online or in magazines/on telly but I can't get away with avoiding this, or suddenly taking it FAR more personally. Bundle of nerves! Ah well.. I'd better buckle up for the long haul! :-8
Mumslove Posts: 528
Mrs Bean, congradulations I was the exact same with my first pregnancy. Its such a daunting time in the early days of pregnancy but honestly Im sure everything is alright. What reassured me each time was seeing the baby on the scan and hearing the hearbeat and after that I didnt worry as much. I was the same, waiting for something bad to happen, which I suppose is quite normal but you'd probably know by now if anything was wrong. Please try to relax and reassure yourself that everything is just fine and look forward to the scan, your going to get to see your baby again!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
cheer bear bride Posts: 3731
Hope all goes well pet, the whole pregnancy will be reaching these little milestones that we set for ourselves....imagine what it'll be like when out LO's actually arrive :eek
Thanks, everyone. Just panicking today.. blaming it on the old hormones. Hormones schmormones! Not long for you now cheer bear bride! Your LO is nearly ready to meet and greet! You must be so excited! Hope everything's okay after this week :wv