Worrying

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sunshine B Posts: 364
Hi all Just wondering if anyone out there can help me. At the moment I am very stressed out - work, wedding, degree. Basically I now find myself worrying and obsessing about everything. I am also becoming extremely forgetful. Can anyone offer any advice to help me stop worrying so much. Thanks in advance girls and any advice would be greatfully appreicated (H2B suggested I put this post up - reckon he has had enough of me) Thanks R [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img:311b9suy]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10101;104/st/20070831/e/Wedding/dt/5/k/739e/event.png[/img:311b9suy]
Ebby Posts: 3042
Hi Richel. Will PM you hun
mad woman Posts: 22106
take a step back and from at least one thing for a week.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
Oh I don't really know the answer to this one..... would keeping a day to day diary help, not the type of what you have done, but of what you intend to do. That way you can priortise your time to each area.
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Richel, you need to take a weekend off from everything to get some perspective. Even if you don't go anywhere, can you just say to your hubby no talk about work, wedding or studying all day Saturday, do something to let your hair down, then sit down for an hour on Sunday and write down what you need to do for your wedding and enlist some help either from h2b if hes not already doing stuff or from family and friends. Don't know where you are with your degree, but having studied part time while working full time myself, I know it can be very stressfull sometimes, you just need to take a break to shower your head. If you can write down what you're worried about it will all seem so much smaller and more manageable than when everything is going round your head (at 3 in the morning if you're anything like I was!). HTH, good luck with it all.
Sunshine B Posts: 364
Thanks a million for all the advice girls. I am going to take it on board and try and relax some more Thanks again Richel
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Hi Richel, Just read your post now. Deffo agree about keeping a diary - its amazing how much more in control you feel by writing a list at the start of the week and ticking items off as you do them. Plus, once you write it down, its gone from your head in that its not floating around in there with you trying to remember it!! Take some time off and do something nice with your h2b or your friends. Treat yourself to a massage if you can. And make sure you are eating properly and getting some fresh air or exercise. Maybe take some supplements? I was recommended Vit B complex for the run-up to the wedding to help with the stress.
survivor Posts: 2507
Rescue remedy is always good in extreme emergencies. But follow the advice given already too.
loveheart Posts: 686
Richel Definitely prioritise! But make sure you also book in slots for fun stuff and 'me time'. Its often the last thing people make time for but is really important. Lots of ideas on the web about relaxation and deep breathing which really works for me. When I get stressed my breathing shallows which makes me feel even more stressed. I simply stop and start breathing in for five and out for five making sure my stomach goes out when I breathe in and down when I breathe out. Even two mins of this leaves me with a lot more enery (am doing this now as I think about all the work I should have been doing instead of WOLing) Doing something nice for yourself each day really helps too - no matter how small; a cappucino, a small bouqet of flowers, bath, scented candle buring with the lights out. It doesn;t have to be big stuff but it will all add up. Good luck.