Menu

Worst nightclub in ireland

Go to Off Topic

Mistified
Woloholic

Postby Mistified » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:10 pm

Nelly, a "camp"? Is that a Carlow saying?

I can't believe I've had no comments on Mohill, or Cartown more so. For those blow ins, or weekenders I'm talking about Rockin' Robins in Carrick. Anyone??

Christmas B
Ultimate Wolly

Postby Christmas B » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:17 pm

In my old job I was on the sports committee. We had to go down to where we had planned the weekend for which was down to Clonmel to sample the "hum" of the town all expensies paid for WOOHOO!!

We ended up walking into some club there all dressed to the nines - mini skirts, heals the lot!! We nearly died............ they were actually there in wollie jumpers I kid you not!!

I have never walked in and felt so "we shouldn't be dressed like this" to a club!! Tee hee hee!!! :o0 :o0 :o0

Sorry all Clomel WOL'ies!!! It was about 7 years ago!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
[/url]

mrs waterfordbride
Empress Wolly

Postby mrs waterfordbride » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:33 pm

the gpo in galway was a dive. no atmosphere at all.
ImageImageImage

Mistified
Woloholic

Postby Mistified » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36 pm

sonjawalsh wrote:the gpo in galway was a dive. no atmosphere at all.

Ooh I lived in the GPO, but then I was into the housey music at the time. I loved the bar at the front....oh my God, what was it called again?

Skippy
Wolly Addict

Postby Skippy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:48 pm

Anyone remember Hayes Bejaysus in Thurles??? Come on! Yes I had many a puke in a corner there with a can of Carlsberg on me, but not many boys. Maybe if I had held off on the binge drinking I could have attracted a man...

altogether now: The Prodigy: I am a firestarter, a twisted firestarter!!!! (now do that weird shuffle dance.....)

Or The Castle Arms in Durrow............

mrs waterfordbride
Empress Wolly

Postby mrs waterfordbride » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:50 pm

does anyone remember preachers in waterford city. i meet my first boyfriend (serious) when he was working there. have to say i ran out of it one night cos my mother followed me in there lol.
ImageImageImage

Service Finder
Mistified
Woloholic

Postby Mistified » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:55 pm

The Castlemore in Ballaghdereen - dive central.

Redfraggleathome
Mini Wolly

other account which has
been locked out
"Schrondinger's
cat"

Postby Redfraggleathome » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Mistified wrote:
sonjawalsh wrote:the gpo in galway was a dive. no atmosphere at all.

Ooh I lived in the GPO, but then I was into the housey music at the time. I loved the bar at the front....oh my God, what was it called again?

It the old days it was great - with the bar in the middle and you used have to do 'laps' to see whoes there !!

The bar at the front was called the Drum and still is.

It was great until they turned into that metal looking place with the hot pink lights WTF! It turned into a drug haven then too - god be with the days of Naked on a wednesday with the candles on the table and the cool tunes playing ! "F*ck you won't do what they me, F*ck you won't do what they tell me......."
[/url]

[/url]

Mistified
Woloholic

Postby Mistified » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:09 pm

Yep, The Drum.

Agreed! The makeover ruined it.

You used to get a great feed in there in the old days.

I remember once my class in college all had these big presentations to do to company directors. We had been working on it and sweating over it for weeks. We were all dolled up in our business atire and went out on the rip once the presentations were over. Next morning we left the house party we were at and went straight to The Drum for brekkie, and more beer :eek . We staggered out around 2pm with the eyes sideweays in us, and who did we pass going down the street only one of the lads we'd been presenting to 24 hours before. There we were, still in our suits and with our briefcases containing the notes. It was gas when you think the idea behind the presentations, as well as counting towards the end of year marks, was to showcase our, and UCG's "talent" to potential employers. Great days there were, having so little responsibilities.

MrsMeggy
Mini Wolly

Postby MrsMeggy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:16 pm

Any one remember the County Club in Dunshughlin? I am talking about Flamingos pre Vortex??

I remember getting in there at 15 thinking I was great but I was afraid to go to the bar in case i didnt get served!! I was a bit imature :-8

PreviousNext

Go to Off Topic