Menu

Worst nightclub in ireland

Go to Off Topic

newkid30
Woloholic

Postby newkid30 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:18 pm

Mistified wrote:Yep, The Drum.

Agreed! The makeover ruined it.

You used to get a great feed in there in the old days.

I remember once my class in college all had these big presentations to do to company directors. We had been working on it and sweating over it for weeks. We were all dolled up in our business atire and went out on the rip once the presentations were over. Next morning we left the house party we were at and went straight to The Drum for brekkie, and more beer :eek . We staggered out around 2pm with the eyes sideweays in us, and who did we pass going down the street only one of the lads we'd been presenting to 24 hours before. There we were, still in our suits and with our briefcases containing the notes. It was gas when you think the idea behind the presentations, as well as counting towards the end of year marks, was to showcase our, and UCG's "talent" to potential employers. Great days there were, having so little responsibilities.

Oh MY GOD the memories! I forgot abut Drum, I used to LIVE there too in the Summer hols!! They used to have a fancy dress on Bank Holiday Mondays, can't remember what it was called?

Drummerswife
Empress Wolly

Postby Drummerswife » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:47 pm

Don't know about flamingos but vortex is a big kip. Such farmers that go to it.

Buck Mulligans in Athboy (the junior disco was ten times rougher than the senior and that was rough). I remember going there once and there was about 20 people in the place so we spent the night dancing on the tables with the bouncers. (probably the best night int he place).

Liquid in Navan. Recently they have got really strict with idea which is a bit stupid as noone over 18 would set foot near the place.

The web and The anchor in belmullet. Such sheds although i did have many a good night in them when I was younger.

Pretty much every disco i went to when i was younger was a kip (not htat they are mch better now).
Previously known as soon2bmrsrb and brasschick

Redfraggleathome
Mini Wolly

other account which has
been locked out
"Schrondinger's
cat"

Postby Redfraggleathome » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:53 pm

[quote="newkid30They used to have a fancy dress on Bank Holiday Mondays, can't remember what it was called?[/quote]

sugar night !!!!!!!!!!! Class
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

[/url]

SparklyC
Wolly Addict

Living in Surrey,
(Originally from Dublin)

Postby SparklyC » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:03 pm

I remember GPO in the good old days too - do you remember the Old Post office van that you could sit in - soooo cooool!!!

I remember the County Club in Dunshaughlin - what a place!! Music was excellent though!!

Does anyone remember Jets Nightclub out the back of the Airport haha??

That was the first nightclub I was ever in !! :-8
2 Angels in Heaven with their Anniversaries in the same week in July XXX

Jan 2011 - Hubby decides he no longer wishes to be married.....am now a separated lady. New Life ahead.....

Redfraggleathome
Mini Wolly

other account which has
been locked out
"Schrondinger's
cat"

Postby Redfraggleathome » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Mrs TA wrote:I remember GPO in the good old days too - do you remember the Old Post office van that you could sit in - soooo cooool!!!

I

had forgot that - it was the dj box
[/url]

[/url]

SparklyC
Wolly Addict

Living in Surrey,
(Originally from Dublin)

Postby SparklyC » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:06 pm

Just realised I am showing my age a bit mentioning Jets!! hahahahaha!! :o0 :o0
2 Angels in Heaven with their Anniversaries in the same week in July XXX

Jan 2011 - Hubby decides he no longer wishes to be married.....am now a separated lady. New Life ahead.....

Ashford Castle
Gone2007
Supreme Wolly

Postby Gone2007 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:20 pm

The Castlemore in Ballaghdereen - dive central

I eas never allowed go because there was always fights there!

My little sister started going a couple of years ag obut she kept snogging Rossies so we had to put a stop to it fo r the sake of the family name!

Noel Kelly
New Wolly

Re: Worst nightclub in ireland

Postby Noel Kelly » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:42 pm

I remember Cjs .It was a lovely place to enjoy a pint and the music and a meeting place.Used to go there every Sunday night back in the eighties

Previous

Go to Off Topic