Worth getting tens machine and what kind?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs W Posts: 2923
As the title says, is it worth getting a tens machine and is there a best kind to get? I'm going to the MLU so want to stay at home and use it as pain relief for as long as possible. I know they can be hired in boots but they seem to be as cheap to buy, is there a difference in the types? Are some better than others? I know the maternity specific ones have a boost button but is that the only difference?
newlywed2011 Posts: 363
Hi i went to antenatal class last night and the midwife giving the class was recommending the one on it under 50euro including delivery. Interested in getting one as well so also looking for feedback :wv
gopro Posts: 1801
I got eh Obi one in Mothercare it was about €55, i was really doubtful ti would work, but was so glad of it. DD was back to back so labour was very long. It really did help me. I was glad I got it. make sure to get a spare set of pads for it. in case it comes off
ructions Posts: 2689
I used an Elle Tens, bought from another Wollie. I found it great. Used it at home and was 4cms when I arrived at the hospital. Kept it on in there until I was almost 6cms.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I got this one used in the car in labour on the 50 mile trip to the hospital and for a while in the labour ward (I was 3/4cm when I arrived in the hospital) so have to say I found it good.
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I also used the inhealth one and found it great for early labour even though I was induced! Will def hire another this time
mummy2012 Posts: 29
Don't buy until closer to the time!!!! Ended up with a section and mine is sitting in the box, never used at all. Waste of money for me. :-8
[quote="mummy2012":12isx7ri]Don't buy until closer to the time!!!! Ended up with a section and mine is sitting in the box, never used at all. Waste of money for me. :-8[/quote:12isx7ri] So you've one going spare and Mrs W is looking for one....??
Mrs W Posts: 2923
[quote="Mari yay":3vaee76t][quote="mummy2012":3vaee76t]Don't buy until closer to the time!!!! Ended up with a section and mine is sitting in the box, never used at all. Waste of money for me. :-8[/quote:3vaee76t] So you've one going spare and Mrs W is looking for one....??[/quote:3vaee76t] My thoughts exactly! Due tmrw week so don't think I can leave it any closer!
[quote="Mrs W ":1zdyxqpb][quote="Mari yay":1zdyxqpb][quote="mummy2012":1zdyxqpb]Don't buy until closer to the time!!!! Ended up with a section and mine is sitting in the box, never used at all. Waste of money for me. :-8[/quote:1zdyxqpb] So you've one going spare and Mrs W is looking for one....??[/quote:1zdyxqpb] My thoughts exactly! Due tmrw week so don't think I can leave it any closer![/quote:1zdyxqpb] Hee hee not sure where you're based but you can borrow mine, I'm hoping to use it again at some stage!